Forums Latest Members

eBay UK 10% off luxury watches ‘til 22nd March

1. Graemega Mar 18, 2023

Just noticed eBay are doing 10% off luxury watches until 22nd March.

Anyone tempted to pull the trigger on something with that extra incentive?

Minimum spend is £1500, maximum discount is £500 with code ‘TICKTOCK10‘

How reliable is eBay’s Guaranteed Authentic service? Would you all have complete peace of mind if a watch goes through that process?

2. Annapolis Mar 18, 2023

I’m curious about how that works, on the seller’s end—who pays for that 10% discount? Surely I’m missing something here.

As for the authenticity guarantee, I think you’ll find that most of us here are skeptical of it. I am—it wouldn’t give me much peace of mind about authenticity, and might even raise new worries about whether a less-than-qualified third party opened up my watch and may not have resealed it properly. But I’m a pretty skeptical person to begin with and would generally avoid buying a luxury watch on eBay altogether. Have just had too many unpleasant experiences on eBay—and not just with watches.

I guess one thing I’d say—purely speculative—is that the authenticity guarantee might at least discourage some would-be sellers of fakes and send them elsewhere. But my instinct is not to trust them to discern a superclone or to be able to tell a completely original, legit watch from that’s been adulterated. —That said, this isn’t an empirical claim. Just my opinion.

Graemega likes this.
  3. Graemega Mar 18, 2023

I think it’s just eBay drumming up business, so they’ll take the discounts on the chin.

Annapolis likes this.