Forums Latest Members

EBay Saved Searches No Longer Just Showing New Listings

1. Davidt Aug 14, 2022

Is anyone else having issues with Saved Searches since ebay updated the app?

It used to be that all my saved searches simply showed new listings that had gone love since my last search. Now however, I get every listing which matches my search criteria, so rather than seeing 45 new listings for ‘omega watches, used’, I now see 8000, which is useless.

I had a painful online chat with an advisor who apologies but said theyd get it rectified. Obviously this hasn’t happened.
    I then deleted all my saved searches and created them afresh. Same thing happens.

Mark020 likes this.
  2. seekingseaquest Aug 14, 2022

Yes, it’s quite annoying. I have this issue with some saved searches but oddly not all. They’re set up the same, just different text, so it seems arbitrary which are impacted..

Davidt likes this.
  3. Davidt Aug 14, 2022

Actually I started seeing it with one or two searches a month or so, but then last week, my app seemed to update automatically and since then it’s now across every single one of my searches.

4. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Aug 14, 2022

This is what is happening for me too.

And on top of that, I’m getting “matching fewer words” incorporated into some of my save searches. For example, I have “Omega Endlinks” saved and what used to be strictly bracelets & endlinks has now incorporated varying forms of off-road car suspension components. Which, have neither “omega” or “endlinks” in the title.

5. wsfarrell Aug 14, 2022

A couple things:
    1. Click on the title of the first 6 (or so) items in a newly-saved search. This changes the title font color from black to purple. From then on, new items in your search will show up on top with black font; these are the only ones you need to look at.
    2. eBay apparently looks at both the title and "Item Specifics" for keywords. Example: I searched for "taiga boreal" (a Vuitton bag in taiga leather in the color boreal. One of the top hits had this title: "Louis Vuitton Vasiri GM Boreal Hand Bag #7877." The "taiga" search term was in Item Specifics. Another top hit had this title: "Louis Vuitton Taiga Portofeuil Multipuru M32808 Men's Taiga Leather Wal BF521855." In this case the term "boreal" was in the Item Specifics.

6. LGW - US Oct 19, 2022

I go daily on my save and next to each listing you have a date, so i go over only on each day - not a perfect solution but better than nothing :)

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 20, 2022

Quite annoying indeed to see the same watches over and over again

GuiltunderGlass likes this.
  8. GuiltunderGlass Oct 20, 2022

I think the multiple resellers all posting the same watches is compounding this feeling, but actually has nothing to do with the algorithm.

I do hate when eBay starts messing with things tho, KISS ftw.

9. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 20, 2022

Perhaps. In the past I used theoldreader but that seems not be working anymore