Forums Latest Members
  1. connieseamaster May 23, 2020

So I bought a watch about 2 months ago, seller described it as "running strong" in the ad and the pictures indicated no red flags.

Watch arrives and when I go to set it, the crown pulls right out and the watch doesn't wind at all. I immediately message the seller (who doesn't accept returns nominally) and they said they opened a case with eBay since they had used the global shipping program and the watch had been working just fine before shipping

Ok, fine. I check in once a week for a few weeks, because my ideal resolution is I get my money back, seller gets the watch back, and eBay reimburses the seller for the "damage" to the watch. (I personally don't think shipping damage had anything to do with it, but if that's the fiction the seller wants to go with, I'm fine playing along as long as I get a refund).

I checked in 2 weeks ago and got no response, so I requested a refund through eBay, expecting the seller to respond with their return shipping address. Nothing. So I open a case with eBay and state my primary goal is to return the watch to the seller and get a refund. The case was resolved in my favor, but I didn't get a return shipping address so I can return the watch.

What the hell do I do now? I feel bad about keeping the watch and want to send it back, but I have no place to send it to.

2. funkright May 23, 2020

I'd reach out @ least 1 more time to the seller directly and offer to send the watch back, just to close the issue off. Following that I would contact eBay directly (via email, so you have a record of the communication) and ask what their guidance would be (as you'll be governed by it should an issue arise later on).

JwRosenthal, DaveK and WatchCor like this.
  3. killer67 May 23, 2020

eBay can give you the sellers shipping address since this is an open case. I would ship it back to him once you know the address (unless the shipping cost is more than the watch)

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 23, 2020

Do what you are instructed by eBay to do. If they tell you to send it back send it to the address provided by them. ALL communication should be done through the eBay messaging system, not directly with the seller.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it if you have your money back.

5. connieseamaster May 23, 2020

I just feel bad because (at least based on the information I have) the seller is out his money and the watch.

6. killer67 May 23, 2020

that’s why you should request the sellers address through eBay customer support. It’s all through eBay system

7. connieseamaster May 23, 2020

I asked when I opened the case with eBay, but it wasn't provided.

8. killer67 May 23, 2020

If you call eBay customer support ask them for the sellers info; they will share the sellers info with you and your info with the seller via eBay email

9. connieseamaster May 23, 2020

Cheers, thanks! Will definitely do that.