Ebay question Quartz Seamaster 200M Pre Bond - 396.1062

Ah yes okey indeed the hands look wrong.
And maybe the crown too I guess looking at the below picture for ref?

The crown fitted might be right, the 1062 is the third and final version of the pre-bond, made in the early 1990s. Those usually had sword hands rather than the earlier Mercedes set and often had a ridged crown instead of the clover type you show above. The rest of the watch might be fine but not the hands. It is maybe £100-200 overpriced because of those but its not far off. I'd look closely at the insert. I can't see anything wrong but those are often swapped for aftermarket items since they don't age well and there are no original replacement bezels available.

Be aware this is the 36mm quartz mid size. The seller says it is rare but it is anything but, its the most common variant. the full size and auto models are much less commonly seen.

It is a shame it isn't a 40mm full size auto, I actually have a set of original tritium hands for one of those you could have but they wont work on the 36mm.

@padders Thank you for this thorough answer. This helps a lot.
I was looking for a "rather affordable" 90's Seamaster for my little brother's birthday reaching his 30's.
I will take my time, study more and keep looking !

They are decent value - I have the s&g early full size model with the thermo quartz movement - accurate to +/- 10 seconds a year (mine isn't but it probably needs a service), solid gold bezel and clasp insert - paid about £600 for it last year...quite a lot of watch for the money!

Be happy to! I'm guessing service hands and bezel pip has been relumed but the rest is all original as far as I know..

@Norfolk wow nice and useful ! Thanks for sharing !

@Snooz Really like the looks of it 😀 nice watch !
I think my taste tends more toward later generation hands.

@Norfolk wow nice and useful ! Thanks for sharing !

@Snooz Really like the looks of it 😀 nice watch !
I think my taste tends more toward later generation hands.

Cheers! I also prefer the later sword hands to be honest, but wanted the thermo quartz that never came with them...🤔