Forums Latest Members
  1. GandOsDad Jan 21, 2020

Evening all,

I have reported at least several dozen counterfeit watches (mainly Rolex but the occasional Omega) through the reporting mechanisms on the Bay. I obviously don’t consider myself a power user in this regard and assume some of you may be well into the triple digits. Has anyone actually heard back after submitting these into the system?

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 21, 2020

What are you expecting to hear from them?

BenBagbag likes this.
  3. GandOsDad Jan 21, 2020

Nothing really, just curious on the internal workings....obviously it’s a massive enterprise but at some level/ point I thought there might be feedback

4. Huus Jan 21, 2020

I would expect a polite (automated) reply as a common courtesy, thanking me for my interest and taking the time to report the item. This reporting from the public can potentially prevent a lot of problems for them and an unsuspecting buyer receiving a dud.
    I have reported some myself over the years and wonder sometimes if it is appreciated or not.

Edited Jan 21, 2020
  5. redpcar Jan 21, 2020

Fraudulent item disappears from ebay is all I need :)

kip595 likes this.
  6. kip595 Jan 21, 2020

As a customer, I don't utilize ebay too very much these days due to the plethora of scams. I did work with their payments department a good deal for several years in a former job; long story short, for their size, they are understaffed and their coding is in many cases over a decade old. Frankly, I'm surprised their systems work as well as they do.

wsfarrell likes this.