Forums Latest Members
  1. Javi22 Apr 2, 2016

2. sky21 Apr 2, 2016

I don't think he needs to go to Geneva, the watchmaker was telling him his speedy would have to be sent to Switzerland for service directly from Omega. At least I think that's what the listing is trying to say.

3. smitty190373 Apr 2, 2016

Original bezel looks lovely, it's a shame they want to change everything :(

4. Pahawi Apr 2, 2016

No movement shots and already at $5200 - amazing.....

5. BlueBoy Apr 2, 2016

$5200 and thats with no bidding from the UK, as the seller has not set up international shipping on his ebay account :thumbsup:

6. cimo Apr 2, 2016

I think the two cases and guarantee of original parts & papers is what has this auction so high.

While it might seem crazy to bid without movement shots, consider that with papers you can compare the serial # on the movement to the one on the papers once the buyer receives the watch.

If they don't match eBay will let you return the item for "not as described" as long as the seller said it was all original.

If the movement is correct but beat up, well, yes that would be unfortunate and leave little recourse for the buyer.

7. sky21 Apr 2, 2016

I agree that the papers and original parts are intriguing, but the seller is very clear that the watch does not run at all. I think that is a little troubling as he also states that the most recent repair work was done in Switzerland only about 6 years ago. I know that these watches require servicing at approximately that interval anyway, but it doesn't speak highly of the watch' treatment recently that it has completely stopped working since it returned from Omega and a complete overhaul.

8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 2, 2016

'Completely stopped working' may be due to something like a broken mainspring, right? if that is the case it would not speak at all about recent watch treatment, and might just indicate the service 6 years ago did not include replacing it.

9. cimo Apr 2, 2016

Without a proper inspection (beyond just a picture of the movement) it is impossible to determine why the watch doesn't run.

The main spring could be broken. A screw could have shaken loose and wedged itself between one of the wheels. Or (hopefully not) the balance could be completely borked. Or worst of all the whole thing could be rusted and seized.

Quite the gamble.

10. spaniard Apr 2, 2016

Speaking of these ebay auctions I saw this watch here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SPEEDMASTER-PRE-MOON-321-COMPLETE-OVERHAUL-/Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network231834717339 and was wondering about it.
    Looks like the dial is not original but the movement looks strange, it's silver instead of the usual copper colour.

11. spaniard Apr 2, 2016

Ah never mind found a thread on this. Saw that this is definitely a bad watch. Is it so hard to find a decent 321?

12. LawBrk Apr 3, 2016

$8k Wow

13. Tubber Apr 3, 2016

Steep price for a non-runner.

14. sky21 Apr 3, 2016

There are actually two different threads on this one, that's how wild it is out there these days! $8k, crazy I think.