Forums Latest Members

Early Omega wristlet with correct second hand position,

1. 787Geoff Nov 29, 2019

Hello all,

Thanks for the welcome aboard and the comments on the Omega Checker. For the checker I have secured some stainless rod to reproduce the original probe elements and have attached a proper 120v three pronged plug as per the specs on the manual.

So todays posting is about an early Omega wristlet. Serial number 1,340,729 or 1,340,329 ( Hard to read the 3 or is it a 7?)

[​IMG]

The interesting thing about this flea market find for $95 Canadian dollars is the fact that it is a dedicated wristlet and not a converted ladies pendant watch. The winding mechanism main barrel must be relocated to allow the winding at 3 o’clock and the sub seconds at 6.

Not a great “that is a neat find” moment but, the really interest thing is the serial number and movement finishes: that is, the serial number is 1,340,729 which makes it circa 1900, the fact that it is 15 jewels with gold jewel settings; and a swans neck (whiplash) micrometer regulator. On the small size and smaller then caliber “13. My Omega book “a journey through time (~800 pages) does not list the reference or caliber. There are some close comparisons such as the 12’’’ S 7-16 p (page 793 of the book) but case screws do not line up.

Here is a shot of the movement:

[​IMG]

It is fully functional but not yet serviced by me until I find out more about the movement.

Here are two 13’’’ line trench watches (lume redone by me with tinted water based lume and the hands polished and heat treated blued with copper filings) both in sterling silver hallmarked English cases; one a Borgel screw case. Both on reproduction hand made trench watch leather bands:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both dates based on serial numbers and case hallmarks.

Can anyone shed some light on this watch?

Cheers, Geoff

Edited Nov 29, 2019
    dancazacu, DaveK and chronoboy64 like this.