Forums Latest Members
  1. Carlton-Browne Jan 19, 2019

This arrived before Christmas and I have mixed feelings about how much of it is pukka. I didn’t pay an awful lot for it and my view, at the time, was that it was worth a punt. In my view the dial, although heavily patinated (and looks like somebody has attempted to clean it resulting in only a faint bit of the snail dial printing being visible) is good and I’m happy with the caseback. I welcome opinions on the rest; first off, the central chrono hand must be a replacement, the crown is wrong in my view and the presence of "Swiss Made" on the movement causes me concern though somebody here has a Zenith Compur with this detail. Thoughts welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jan 19, 2019
    valjoux72, aap, chronoboy64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 19, 2019

Pretty cool and I'm sure this has great wrist presence...Looking at Sala .... Only issues I see are the chrono hand..crown an the fact that someone filed off the &&!!!!#!!!!!!!! female spring bar posts. Love the watchmaker marks inside the case! This watch has seen life on the wrist.

Carlton-Browne likes this.
  3. bgrisso Jan 19, 2019

I like it. I think the dial is saved by the fact it's a sandwich....... without that detail, would be pretty tired dial. Assume chrono sweep is wrong but doesn't really bother me. Congrats!

I don't think female spring bar posts were introduced yet, those came later, when some poor designer at UG welcomed Satan into their heart ::facepalm1::

Larry S and Carlton-Browne like this.
  4. Carlton-Browne Jan 19, 2019

Apologies - I've just editied the original text as it was largely gibberish; perhaps that 2nd glass of wine in the lounge in Vienna last night wasn't such a good idea.

5. ELV web Jan 19, 2019

The sandwich dial makes it pretty special, good catch.

Carlton-Browne and Larry S like this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 20, 2019

I can't offer any constructive comment, but I would like to suggest that the type of spring bar posts mentioned are actually of the male gender, albeit that the spring bars themselves, could be considered "of the female variety".

Larry S likes this.
  7. Carlton-Browne Jan 20, 2019

Thanks. It wasn't bad for €530 and I'm pretty sure that the seller had it serviced (backed up by the red pen in the caseback) but then it could easily have been one of those Ebay WD40 overhauls. The funny thing is that my first impression was that it wore a bit big, my other two chronos are 32mm and 34mm, but I think I'm used to it now. I suppose I have a couple of years looking for chrono hands and loose sandwich dials ahead of me.

Edited Jan 20, 2019
    Mark020, Larry S and ELV web like this.