Early 50s Omega

Hi, I am trying to work out which model omega this is. I know that it must be a late 40s or very early 50s model as it is engraved 1950. It has a manual mechanism and is stainless steel. The perspex face is three dimensional, almost a toblerone, shape, I have included a profile picture. Below are pictures of the watch. Your help would be welcomed.
DSC_0009.jpg DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0012.jpg

Took a double take after looking at that profile picture, looks like something a pair of drunken rednecks would see hovering over a lake while fishing.

I'm not even going to hazard a guess on this one, but some of the other vintage guys may know.

Have you had a look at the Omega SA Vintage database?

You have a reference 3797 which should have a caliber 17.8 inside. The crown is probably a replacement, the dial appears to be refinished at some point, and the crystal is almost certainly not original since this was marketed as an ultra-flat watch when introduced in 1943. Not sure whether or not the hands are correct for that model either. Still, an interesting watch. Can you get a clear pic of the movement?

Thank you, ulack for the very considered reply. The watch inside is stamped 3797.5 (Found when I opened it for the mechanism photo!). As requested I have included photos of the caseback and the mechanism. You are correct in saying that the face was restored. I have found the bubble glass quite fascinating, it adds quite a bit of character to what is a very simple watch.

Now that I have a model number I will dsios advice and look at the omega database.

Thanks
DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0017.jpg DSC_0017.jpg

I keep wondering where the bottom of the pit is with 40s/50s/60s/70s models I never even knew existed, then another one like this comes along.

I think Rolex made the Submariner and the Datejust, maybe a couple others 😵‍💫

My favorite mid-20th century Rolex is the 6062. Google that puppy and drool. The mid-60's Zephyr is another cool watch that I'd like to add one day soon.

My favorite mid-20th century Rolex is the 6062. Google that puppy and drool. The mid-60's Zephyr is another cool watch that I'd like to add one day soon.
Mine is the Jean Claude Killy 18k gold triple-date tri-compax chronograph. Picture gratuitously stolen from Vintage Rolex Forum:

Passion2011118.jpg

This is wildly off topic, but watches are watches 😀

Do you still wear that square case piece Verde?

Yes I still wear the watch; I use it as a dress watch. It makes a very good talking point.