Forums Latest Members
  1. mavkjay Apr 30, 2016

Greetings guys,

I need to get a new strap for my DSOTM, can anyone recommend some sellers?

My DSOTM's strap holder is damaged so thinking to get 1 with the deployant. Apologies as i know this has been discussed throughout the forum, but just thought it would be easier to have the input under 1 thread. Thanks...

2. Exarkun12 Apr 30, 2016

Check out watchobsession.co.uk

3. Javier2.0t Apr 30, 2016

Where are you located? I recently found out that the Boutique is cheaper for straps and parts than other sellers. I bought. Dark Side of the Moon buckle for $190

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. guelerct Apr 30, 2016

The boutique was reasonable in my opinion and they bend over backwards to make sure you have the percent fit and combo.
    Maybe I got lucky but the boutiques that I have been to have been top notch.

5. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Apr 30, 2016

+1

6. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. May 1, 2016

I would also recommend watchobsession. By what they do I believe it's a company run by real enthusiasts. Customer service, including the all important attention-to-detail, is excellent and genuine. The range of products and their presentation is very good and the pricing is extremely competitive. Despatch is also prompt, so orders are fulfilled very quickly. As you might guess, I'm really a fan!

WatchObsession and larryganz like this.
  7. Caller May 1, 2016

I've looked at watch obsession, I can see the DSOTM strap, but not the deployant, or am I missing something?

8. mavkjay May 2, 2016

I'm looking for the DSOTM strap for the tang buckle model. In Asia the boutiques are quoting about 300usd.

9. Caller May 2, 2016

I'm being quoted nearly £700 in Bangkok for the Omega deployant and the strap from the 'pitch black' model.

10. mavkjay May 2, 2016

yea the deployment+strap is about 850usd in malaysia. So i'll stick to the buckle=)

11. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! May 2, 2016

Hold onto the buckle. 10 years from now it may be hard to find. Collectors will want these reverted to their original straps and buckles. With that said, I got to bite the bullet and get one of those new deployments for the next 10 years.

12. Perseus May 3, 2016

I think that strap would look great on a SM 300, but I'm not sure where I'd track down a non ceramic buckle that would work.

13. yinzerniner May 3, 2016

You would need a buckle with at least a 4mm wide tang. The tang on the official DSOTM ceramic buckle is 5mm and about 1.5mm thick but buckles with that size tang are very hard to come by.

I remember seeing a few users use a PVD-coated diver's buckle with a wide tang and it looked pretty sharp.

If you have an 18mm Omega deploy clasp then you can just use the same exact strap that's designed for the clasp. It's 21/18mm and is actually a bit more padded than the original strap. A bit pricier but gives you added peace of mind.

14. Perseus May 3, 2016

I'm not a deployant fan so I'd have to track down a thicker tongue or have a strap made.

#TheStruggleIsReal

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk