Forums Latest Members

DSOTM Strap fitted to Speedmaster Professional

1. gman85 Jun 11, 2019

Hi OF,

Does anyone have any experience with fitting the DSOTM (21mm) strap to a regular Speedmaster Professional (20mm). I know there are some plastic inserts that come with it but I wasn't sure how flexible they are. I'd get the Snoopy version but I'd much prefer not having the white stitching.

Thank you,

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 11, 2019

Most likely the lugs will slowly cut/shave the strap. There are plenty of 2omm aftermarket straps that are quite interesting.

3. gman85 Jun 11, 2019

I've got my heart set on getting a cordura strap. Not sure any other brands can match the same level as Omega in terms of the cordura style.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 11, 2019

I see. I did find a kevlar one that I weal on my JLC. can't quite remember the vendor but google black Kevlar and it will show up. Very similar look.

5. wiem0014 Jun 11, 2019

The DSOTM Strap is going to be too big (21mm vs 20mm). If you have your heart seat on the Cordura you can either pickup the Snoopy strap which look awesome on a speedy, or get one custom made by Jean Rousseau.

6. asrnj77 Jun 11, 2019

Hadley Roma makes one that is supposedly real Kevlar.

image.jpg
  7. queriver Jun 11, 2019

I’d get Jean Rousseau to make you one. They make the OEM straps for Omega and IIRC they charge a similar price, perhaps a bit more. I think you can buy from their Paris or NYC outlets. That way you’ll get the look and good quality you want and won’t damage the 21mm strap. If you prefer a stitch colour other than white you can get them to do any colour.

8. steelfish Jun 12, 2019

How about getting the 20mm snoopy corduroy one from omega and black sharpie on the white stitches?

I’ve done this before on a seiko (remove colour from stitches).

9. Ian_km Jun 12, 2019

There is a grey stitch 20mm version you may prefer, think it's the Aston Martin Aqua Terra strap (apologies for stealing the photo from another thread).
    [​IMG]