Forums Latest Members
  1. nokaoi1 Aug 24, 2018

haven't heard much about the original lately and just wondering everyones thoughts on it nowadays. Been in the market for an all black piece, and I've been offered one (with deployant clasp) for $6.2 Seems these have come down majorly and wondering if they will keep going down?

2. ext1 Aug 24, 2018

I think so. Source: my stupid experience. I think when I sold (and really low I did) I might have single-handedly pulled down the collective price of the watchrecon market prices...suddenly everyone else's prices were a few hundred bucks lower.

3. nokaoi1 Aug 24, 2018

If you don't mind, how much did you sell for?

4. ext1 Aug 24, 2018

Funny because that experience for me was what many watch people call the 'tuition fee', i.e. you pay (quite literally) for your mistakes and you learn. I wanted to sell quick so I listed at 6k. All I was getting very lowball offers of something around low-4k range saying apparently that's the market rate. Eventually I sold for around low-5k range (I don't remember the exact amount). Most of the time the real selling price isn't shown in the ad, but since my ad recorded 6k, other sellers reacted and pulled their prices lower too.

5. BLAUGRANA Aug 25, 2018

Not sure if they'll keep going down, but there is one right now at a known grey dealer for $6075 (it doesn't have warranty card, but it has everything else including pictogram). I've seen prices range from $6000-$7000 recently. Closer to the $7000 range. Anyway, while they could go down I would think that right now $6200 isn't bad.

Not a watch for me really as I like my watches a bit smaller and a bit more vintagesque. Still I do appreciate it and do like it. It doesn't wear as big as I thought it would and looks really high end. Then again, is MSRP really $12,000? If that's the case I'd say your getting a lot of watch for $6200. That said, MY ADVICE would be to look into the Apollo 8 tribute coming out. That is a fantastic looking piece and you can probably always get the Dark Side of the Moon for similar pricing to $6200 if you decide that is what you'd rather have.

Riviera Paradise and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Mcvictory Aug 26, 2018

Watches with ceramic case are a niche product - demand is low and resell value too.
    No matter if it is Omega, Hublot or Panerai.

But if you like the light-weight feeling and the stealthy look like me than you have to have at least one ;).

20180826_100541.jpg

Riviera Paradise likes this.