Forums Latest Members
  1. anselmw Nov 3, 2014

So we have all been wondering how the DSOM would look like with a croc curved strap so I purchased on to see. Also even though I like how the stock strap looks, the tang buckle just is hard to engage and strap on.

[​IMG]
    Here is the stock DSOM

[​IMG]
    Here is the croc strap and deployant next to the DSOM

[​IMG]
    Another shot with the back side of the curved strap

[​IMG]
    Here is the strap removed and bare watch head.

[​IMG]
    Here it is mounted. Fits perfectly

[​IMG]
    Reverse side of watch. Here are some tips for those who want to try it. I think it is impossible to mount the curved leather strap with the stock spring bars from the DSOM. I tried in using the normal tool and plier type tool and that did not work either. I think it is because Omega uses a larger spring bar for the cordura strap. The croc strap mounts like a bracelet so needs a smaller spring bar. Fortunately I had purchased a pack of ten for my speedy pro and was able to use the 20mm spring bar to mount the strap and it seemed to fit perfect and snuggly. Glad I keep parts around.

[​IMG]
    Here it is on the wrist, I will wear this week to see if I like it on the croc strap and deployant. Not sure I am sold on the curved strap look, might be better with a straight strap.

2. Baco Noir Nov 3, 2014

I like it! How does it look from the side of the case? It looks like the croc might be higher than the lug and stick up a bit. Are you considering getting the deployant clasp DLC coated to blend into the DSOTM all black theme?

3. anselmw Nov 3, 2014

It seems to fit just like it does on the steel version. Will decide on DLC coat if I keep this setup. To get the shiny look I would need to switch to a polished deployant vs the brush finished one I have. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Baco Noir Nov 3, 2014

Fits perfectly. I've always thought that is should come on a deployant for safety. Much less chance of it accidentally falling to the floor when putting it on.

5. omegagmt Nov 4, 2014

That looks great! I'm really liking this model. Looks a lot cleaner than the original speedys. What does DSOM stand for?

Never mind, just figured it out. Dark side of the moon.

6. anselmw Nov 4, 2014

I wore it today. Was less worried about putting it on. Wish the leather was shinier. That would go better vs the matte color. May also try some plastic dip on the deployant.

Baco Noir likes this.
  7. Baco Noir Nov 4, 2014

Yeah, the deployant seems like the logical fit for a ceramic watch.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 5, 2014

Very nice

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 5, 2014

I think the fundamental problem is that they wanted it to be all ceramic not ceramic with a steel clasp, and by design the steel Omega deployant clasp's locking and unlocking mechanism involves two longish sections of steel that bend inwards considerably. Ceramic isn't going to bend its just going to snap so they'd have to have a very different design to make a ceramic deployant work.

10. anselmw Nov 5, 2014

I wonder if they could have used some metal and made a ceramic bracelet with a deployant similar to my wife's michele ceramic watch. There is only metal underneath the bracelet so when you wear it, all you see is ceramic.

I guess I will ask the manager at the NYC boutique when I am in, what she thinks on putting a s/s deployant with my dsom.

11. DocHolliday Nov 11, 2014

If Batman could own any watch it would be this. Beautiful.

12. alam Nov 11, 2014

Sharp looking! I would pay full MSRP + premium for an Omega OEM or similar quality strap, made from croc leather with curved ends to fit my 3570.50 Speedy! :coffee:

Edited Mar 25, 2016
  13. anselmw Nov 24, 2014

That would be interesting looks on the speedy pro.

I could not wait to get to the boutique so I just ordered the 21mm Aquaterra rubber strap for the DSOM. Should be here by Friday. Hope the straight band and color match better, the croc looks nice but the cordura was perfect. Just wish it had a deployant instead of the buckle.

14. Nactex Nov 24, 2014

I just looked on Ofrei and they recommend using a 22mm spring bar with a 21mm strap. They also have 21mm spring bars. For safety reasons, is a 20mm the best to use?

15. anselmw Nov 24, 2014

I think the spring bar choice is hit and miss. I have found that curved straps fit like metal bracelets as there is no flex in the material as compared to a straight across strap. So in order to fit the curved strap in, you need a shorter spring bar, usually by about 1mm. So since the DSOM is normally 21mm with cordura strap, I guess it would need a smaller spring bar to fit a bracelet or curved strap if there was one officially. The speedy spring bar for the speedy pro seems to fit fine. Not loose at all. On OFREI site it is spring bar #4. I will get the calipers out to measure when I do the rubber strap swap.

Edited Nov 24, 2014
  16. Nactex Nov 24, 2014

By the way, I love the look of the curved strap on your DSOM Speedy and I agree that the deployment is the way to go.

17. anselmw Nov 29, 2014

So my strap search continues. Just received the rubber strap and installed. I can say I wish the color was darker but already I can say the fit is alot more comfortable than the cordura or the croc. I will wear for the next few weeks to see if that changes. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    Here is the aquaterra rubber strap next to the dsom on curved croc.

[​IMG]
    All three straps

[​IMG]
    Rubber Mounted

[​IMG]
    Fit is perfect and feels so comfortable

[​IMG]
    Side shot

[​IMG]
    Another front shot

[​IMG]
    Off wrist

[​IMG]
    Angle shot

Bonus Pics

Someone asked what the size of the spring bars I used. I used the OEM DSOM spring bar with the rubber strap as it seemed to work well with the rubber as it flexed vs the croc curved strap.

[​IMG]
    Here are the deployant, speedy pro and dsom spring bars next to each other.

[​IMG]
    Full length deployant spring bars

[​IMG]
    Deployant spring bar body

[​IMG]
    Speedy pro spring bar

[​IMG]
    Speedy pro spring bar body

[​IMG]
    DSOM Spring Bars

[​IMG]
    DSOM Spring Bar Body

Riviera Paradise and gippo like this.
  18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 29, 2014

If Rado could find this practical solution, Omega should be able, too.
    Ceramic outer with titanium inner clasp. Brilliant solution.
    [​IMG]

btw Rado is under Swatch, so it should be a cinch for them to get this solution.

karalhoin likes this.
  19. timt465201 Mar 25, 2016

Great post.... Very informative.... I recently purchased a DSOM and am new to the forum.

The local authorized service center would not sell/ install the alligator strap because they were concerned about stressing the ceramic lugs. They suggested I purchase a watch that had the strap I desired. :whistling: The USA center did provide part numbers and purchase options via an email conversation but on a prior voice call did not give me the option.

I am curious if forum members have any long term experience and would comment on this concern and comfort beyond the break in period compared to the original strap.

Has Omega introduced a black deployment clasp?

Are there options for a longer strap? I have an 8" wrist and am concerned the strap may be a bit on the short side with a deployment clasp. I prefer the clasp rests in the middle of my wrist.

I sincerely appreciate any feedback

20. anselmw Mar 25, 2016

No issue with croc. Yes ceramic deployant is available now.

[​IMG]

Riviera Paradise likes this.