Forums Latest Members
  1. borkito Dec 7, 2016

Hi guys,

Im willing to buy a vintage watch and Id like to be an omega, I found this one, is it genuine?, the seller says that its everything is genuine except the crystal, also told me that the dial has been repainted..., what do you think?

upload_2016-12-7_17-6-14.png

upload_2016-12-7_17-6-48.png

thank you!

Kind Regards.

2. terryb111 Dec 7, 2016

At least he was honest and told you it was a redial. Id carry on looking for one that hasn't been refinished personally. The fact its been redialled will knock the price quite significantly.

borkito likes this.
  3. borkito Dec 7, 2016

thank you Terry, he told me that the dial's metal is the original, it's just repainted, I was confused because I've never seen an "s" like that in "seamaster". the total price of the watch is about 250 EUR, is it worthy?

Kind Regards.

4. terryb111 Dec 7, 2016

Do you have any pics of the caseback or the movement?

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 7, 2016

A Redialed watch is worth the price of a complete watch, less the cost of a new, old dial.
    A redialed watch is not desired by those who like vintage watches - unless they happen to have a spare dial.
    Its very hard to value.
    How fast is my horse? If it had all four legs....

borkito likes this.
  6. terryb111 Dec 7, 2016

Although 250 EUR is considered cheap for a vintage Seamaster i think you would be disappointed if you bought this. Just from the pictures you have posted, id say its had a fairly heavy polish, the crown looks to be a replacement, the glass is non original, its a redial, and the strap doesn't fit it. I think id look for a better example.

borkito likes this.
  7. borkito Dec 7, 2016

I dont have pic of the movement, here is the caseback, its really scratched, you can barely imagine the seahorse

upload_2016-12-7_17-34-26.png

here the crown

upload_2016-12-7_17-36-3.png

thank you for sharing your knowledge guys

regards.

8. borkito Dec 7, 2016

Im not into vintage watches so much, but I like the watch and I would be using an strap of my own, I just do not want to overpay once I know is not a fake watch. the seller says is a cal 1022

9. borkito Dec 7, 2016

do you believe is it worthy for 250 EUR?

10. dialstatic Dec 7, 2016

I personally avoid anything goldplated like the plague. Steel, or gold. I don't like watches pretending to be something they're not, plus they damage easily and ugly...ly?

borkito likes this.