Forums Latest Members

Don't Wear Your Good Watch In Beverly Hills

1. Omegamonkey Mar 5, 2021

2. Evitzee Mar 5, 2021

I had lunch in that restaurant about five years ago. It seems you are not safe anywhere these days. Any jewelry or watch needs to be worn with discretion now, even in Beverly Hills. Same with a nice car, you are a target for the ratbags of the world.

Dor_42 likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 5, 2021

Does anyone actually pay full price for a RM?

asrnj77 and Dor_42 like this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 5, 2021

Weird thing was, I was in downtown Beverly Hills yesterday, dropping off a watch for service with my watchmaker. I always feel nervous walking between the car park and the watchmaker's, as sometimes I'm wearing/carrying a watch that has some value. But yesterday I was just carrying a $600 eBay find, while wearing a $400 eBay find. Timing-wise, it looks like I left the downtown area about 1 hr. before the robbery and shooting went down. Yikes.

Tako Yaki, sgrenald and DaveK like this.
  5. rcs914 Mar 5, 2021

I didn't know people bought them - I thought they were all just given to sports stars with a reported MSRP that would make Invicta blush.

6. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 5, 2021

Naturally I’m sorry for the loser and the ordeal they’ve undergone but, never having seen a Richard Mille watch, I googled.
    Well, I hope the loser was insured. If it had been my watch I’d have been comforted by the prospect of the insurance payment and might even have thought that I’d done well by the transaction.

kkt and marco like this.
  7. Evitzee Mar 5, 2021

I know most people are down on Richard Mille watches, but most have never seen one in the flesh or handled one. Yep, they are expensive but once they are handled and put on your wrist it's a completely different ballgame. Many brands like DeBethune, MB&F, Richard Mille and other esoteric brands are often ridiculed because of the way they look and their nose bleed price tags. These watches aren't for everyone, but the quality is there if you want to look.

Spacefruit likes this.
  8. smitty190373 Mar 5, 2021

I know of 3 guys that don't.

9. Carmassi Mar 6, 2021

It happens not only in Beverly Hills. Still, they cannot force me to stop wearing my watch

noelekal likes this.
  10. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 6, 2021

As was discussed yesterday, this will become a more frequent trend. The decriminalization of this type of behavior will lead to some crazy results. It will become the old west here in California.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/robbery-beverly-hills-richard-mille-watch.128349/#post-1736954
    I was watching a local news station (using the term very loosely) They had five video examples of street burglaries (muggings) in recent days.
    Without penalties, the street will be out of control. Another reason people are fleeing California.

rand8086 and Wryfox like this.
  11. sleepyastronaut Mar 6, 2021

kkt and Benbradstock like this.
  12. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 6, 2021

Wryfox and Spacefruit like this.
  13. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 6, 2021

upload_2021-3-6_9-17-54.jpeg

14. SkunkPrince Mar 6, 2021

You guys are not being "one of the cool kids" for constantly using THESE STUPID ACRONYMS NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND!

Now what in the name of dog do you mean by "RM"?!

15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 6, 2021

16. Walrus Mar 6, 2021

It really is a scary thing. I fought off two attempted muggings in the past. It was a flight or fight thing they put hands on me and I reacted. TBH I’d be inclined to just give up the goods in a hold up. I’d just assume they are armed and even when you win a fight you walk off in some kind of pain. My job put me in many “bad parts of town” I saw a mugging coming a while back. I was cased out by one dude then he saw him gather with a couple more down the street. I began talking loudly to my self yelling at the voices to leave me alone and walked very quickly into the waiting group. They backed off. I’m not suggesting anyone attempt this but it worked one time previous when I frequently put myself in dangerous situations (I didn’t always live the saintly walrus life I do now) you could add up my entire collection of watches and still need to take out a mortgage to get a Richard Mille but I’m sure many here are like me and have watches they deem “priceless” like my grandfathers bulova.

kingsrider and Omegafanman like this.
  17. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 6, 2021

Take it up with Richard Mille. They use “RM” in every reference number they create.

https://www.richardmille.com/historical-models

The news link in the OP states:
    “TMZ reported that a $500,000 Richard Mille watch was stolen.”

18. sleepyastronaut Mar 6, 2021

19. sleepyastronaut Mar 6, 2021

Let me help you with this.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...y-on-job-gascon-remakes-bail-sentencing-rules

"Of all the policy changes Gascón laid out, the end to cash bail, which is set to go into effect Jan. 1, is perhaps the most seismic. Instead of seeking to hold criminal defendants in custody unless they can afford to post an amount of cash determined by a judge, prosecutors will be directed to ask judges to release them, except when someone is charged in a homicide or other violent felony. In those cases, prosecutors will seek to have defendants kept in custody."

No one is calling for decriminalizing armed robbery or assault with a deadly weapon.

glownyc, bgrisso, marco and 3 others like this.
  20. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 6, 2021

I suppose we could discuss semantics and exactness of meaning all day long . When a prosecutor asks for a punishment that does not give the victim a sense of fairness and justice for the assault against their person and when the existing laws have specificity for that punishment and they are ignored... where can the victim apply for justice? That appeal will certainly not be with the likes of a George Gascon.
    Here is to hoping you and yours are not a victim of crime on the streets of any city.