Forums Latest Members

Don’t say you haven’t been warned!

1. mydeafcat Mar 2, 2019

I was at the local OB yesterday chatting with my favourite Omega rep. He’s a cool fellow, and as I’m a loyal client (and future prospect for more!) I am able to share openly about my Omega experiences - and disappointments. He gets it, and enjoys talking with the brand faithful. As such, he understood my pining over what should have been a terrific FTF deal on a gently used FOIS this week.

After further torturing myself by trying on Speedys and such, I left, then laughed to myself when I saw this: CECB99E2-A1DF-4CBC-BDB2-0927E3D329C3.jpeg

Edited Mar 2, 2019
  2. Folgono Mar 2, 2019

Thanks for the warning ! I guess I'll purchase only brand new Omega at full sticker price from Omega Boutique from now on.

Mac5, BradleyJ., Edward53 and 3 others like this.
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 2, 2019

This has been a problem as long as I can remember...for as long as products can be shipped across the world in a short period of time. And the manufactures have always tried scare tactics like this. They truth is for the most part they are the exact same products that the dealer sells and the odds that they are "counterfeit" are slim to none if you know what you are looking for. My first real job in the 70's was running a camera store, and we dealt with this exact issue...all of the camera manufactures gave the exact same warning...but sadly since the products were genuine, they were never declined for service. Manufactures will have to develop new methods to fight this...scare tactics rarely work.

Mac5 and mydeafcat like this.
  4. lustrousaurus Mar 2, 2019

My OB does ask where I get some of my pieces and I will happily say eBay or OF. They don't seem to care too much since they know I'm an enthusiast and got a great deal. They actually seem happy and excited to see older/unique pieces. Of course, for more recent LEs like the ST1 and ST2, I did buy from them. You just have to shop smart.

connieseamaster and mydeafcat like this.
  5. thatonewatchdude Mar 2, 2019

That is very interesting signage, what boutique is this if you don't mind divulging that info.

6. mydeafcat Mar 2, 2019

Vancouver

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 2, 2019

OOO ... previously worn! That's just nasty! A person might get germs!

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 2, 2019

9. Stufflers Mom Mar 2, 2019

A previously worn watch is not covered by a warranty, remind me to never by anything from Canada.

10. Folgono Mar 2, 2019

I'm pretty sure it is BS, as long as you have the punched papers in due form.

11. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 2, 2019

Damn Canadians!

Oh... hang on... thats me!

I have seen that sign in the local dealer's case (Oakville, Ontario) It didn't bother me at all because my Constellation is one of the newest watches I own and its over 50.

germs and all.

by the way... they accept Canadian and US funds as well as backbacon and beaver pelts.

12. mydeafcat Mar 2, 2019

I know, right? Terrible, I tell you. So frightening. Keeps me awake at night.

noelekal likes this.
  13. CJpickup57 Mar 2, 2019

Mmmmm… Backbacon...

Fritz likes this.
  14. CdnWatchDoc Mar 2, 2019

You forgot maple syrup and Crown Royal rye...mmm!

mydeafcat likes this.
  15. mydeafcat Mar 2, 2019

I trust you mean either traditional Crown Royal or their Northern Harvest (which I’m happily drinking as I watch Jarome Iginla’s jersey retired), not the apple or maple-flavoured dreck!

16. CdnWatchDoc Mar 2, 2019

Absolutely Northern Harvest! Also recently tried their Limited Edition...damn, that was smooth!

mydeafcat likes this.
  17. MrJKLFoams Mar 2, 2019

I donno with others but I only buy from AD or OB for all my watches. Cant be bothered with headaches specially if Im spending big coin

18. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 3, 2019

Somewhere I have a bottle of Crown Royal tha t I found when cleaning out my parents house last year. The control board seal on the bottle is dated 1957. While I know it doesn't age in the bottle that has to be some mighty smooth stuff in there.

19. Evitzee Mar 3, 2019

I've seen these sorts of signs all over the world by various makers, it's not just a Canadian quirk. There are many scams out there with sketchy product, no documentation and no idea how many hands the watch passed through. People who are not that much into the watch scene are easy marks.

20. Mac5 Mar 3, 2019

Buying anything used, pre-owned, previously loved etc.. is a crap shoot. Anybody ever buy a used car???