Dog-Leg Case Is Back (Again) - New Omega Seamaster 37mm Milano Cortina

Posts
496
Likes
677
All in the eye of the beholder. IMHO it lacks any elegance. As a pastiche the design can’t deliver purpose in the same way as the original. The editione Venezia was far better.
 
Posts
229
Likes
1,769
why on earth anyone would go for this instead of vintage gold constellation for fraction of the price?
I guess 99% of the members here are not the target public for this watch anyway.
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
beautiful in its own way (though it should be half the price), but the angularity of it isn’t speaking to me. It’s like someone made a dogleg Connie out of LEGOs.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
I like it.....not enough to rush out to buy one, but...... if anyone were sufficiently generous to give me one, I'd grab it with both hands and thank them profusely whilst doing so........hint, hint
 
Posts
202
Likes
196
Nice enough watch. But the pricing is an utter joke. This is a sub 10k watch at best.
 
Posts
7,082
Likes
56,777
I like its styling features, its size, and its gold case.
 
Posts
247
Likes
255
The whole Seamaster range always seemed very broad and vague.

But what makes this a Seamaster and not a Constellation? Is it just for the marketing?
 
Posts
16
Likes
19
I like it but would need to see it "in the flesh" or at least pictures where people are actually wearing it...not when it is suspended in/on a white background.
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
The lugs looks to short and case to big, the proportions are dogshit compared to the original
I wouldn’t go to "dog shit", but I definitely had a similar first impression. I guess they had to shorten the lugs because the case diameter grew.
And what is that crown doing on a seamaster?
I suppose I will just have to keep my $20k.🙄
Edited:
 
Posts
496
Likes
677
beautiful in its own way (though it should be half the price), but the angularity of it isn’t speaking to me. It’s like someone made a dogleg Connie out of LEGOs.
Reminds me of the Chris bangle BMWs
 
Posts
600
Likes
1,539
Gorgeous watch. Of course price is insane when you can get a vintage gold dog leg Connie for around $3k.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,277
I can think of so many watches I would rather buy at that price. Price aside, there is a lot to like about that watch, but a few negatives that others have already highlighted. For me the biggest flaw is the stark white dial and black text. That looks great on a railroad watch, but not here.
 
Posts
1,785
Likes
5,586
hopefully as a plus, this seamaster dogleg edition is a CB case like my 561 piepan.
Edited:
 
Posts
197
Likes
162
The whole Seamaster range always seemed very broad and vague.

But what makes this a Seamaster and not a Constellation? Is it just for the marketing?
I guess they decided that a Constellation must have the "claws" at 3 & 9 o'clock positions, this one can't be a Constellation after 1990. 😉
 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,754
How hard is it to just give us a 1-to-1 Connie reproduction in steel? Is it really that hard? Someone in the archives probably has all the case machining specs in a drawer somewhere.
 
Posts
384
Likes
375
How hard is it to just give us a 1-to-1 Connie reproduction in steel? Is it really that hard? Someone in the archives probably has all the case machining specs in a drawer somewhere.
I don't see too many vintage reproductions in the future if this flops!

Way above my pay grade but I would be interested in handling one in person to see the proportions.
 
Posts
231
Likes
237
The facets/ contours on the case on this one is not as sharp as some of the pristine vintage SS examples showcased in the forum. So am I right in speculating that the solid gold vintage cases were also never as sharp as the SS versions from the factory. This will make sense as gold being a softer metal will pick up dings on the edges if they made it too sharp.
Thoughts any one? Some of vintage solid gold examples may not be as polished as one would imagine after comparing to similar SS models?
 
Posts
2,845
Likes
9,198
Why doesn't the seconds hand line up with the markers. I can't unsee that.