Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Aug 27, 2016

Out of respect to Foo2rama's request, I will avoid the "watch life-improvement" topic, and move on to something more simple and concrete.

So...has your Omega assisted you along on your spiritual journey? Has it been the key to easing your existential angst? Has it helped you, whilst milling around in the sea of humanity, to figure out why we have all been placed on this tiny little planet, in the midst of a vast universe, and what our mission is for the very short time we are here?

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 27, 2016

One word - gratefulness. My Omega(s) have taught me to be grateful for being here. Everytime I see the hands sweep I am grateful to be able to work, grateful to earn the money I have, grateful that companies exists to make watches, grateful that the watch I bought with my own efforts is a testament to time and grateful that I can pass my life knowledge down to others and my future descendants.

3. M'Bob Aug 27, 2016

You are clearly my vote for the new Omega ambassador. Clooney, leave the room!

4. alam Aug 27, 2016

some deep thoughts in request here... ::popcorn:: perhaps the implied depth is more suitable for a Sub, oh wait! you did not specify the Speedy!! Never mind....however, some of my watches have helped me track precise minutes when poaching eggs in the morning...:coffee:

5. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 27, 2016

We've gone from Clooney/Alec Guinness to Nigella Lawson here!

Giff2577 and alam like this.
  6. alam Aug 27, 2016

and she is much cuter..

Giff2577 and Uniqez like this.
  7. Flingit1200s Aug 27, 2016

No

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 27, 2016

My Omegas have brought me closer to God, one second at a time. I hope they're running slow.

demollo, Longbow, ahartfie and 9 others like this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 27, 2016

My Omegas actually increase my angst and have contributed to the plight of the sea of humanity. How can one look down at their wrist at something that costs thousands of dollars, yet is little more then a baubble or meaningless trinket, and not think how that frivously-spent money could not have been put to better use helping those truly in need?

And with that being said, I still plan on buying more of them. yeah, it's a sickness...

ConElPueblo, ahartfie and M'Bob like this.
  10. Kja Aug 27, 2016

I love the idea of something extremely complicated, intricate, and exspensive, that basically doesn't serve any real function.. I mean the time is literally everywhere.. It's the best form of hipocrosy. I love it!!

M'Bob likes this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Aug 27, 2016

No. They're just things. Lovely things.

12. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Aug 27, 2016

Indeed it has, bringing me closer to my deity....

[​IMG]

Matty01 likes this.
  13. Clibka Aug 28, 2016

I would say in a way they contribute greatly to my quality of life by bringing me closer to people. Conversations often can be started with someone about their timepiece, and friendships formed. Isn't that ultimately what we are here for? To attempt to live harmoniously with others and make a few meaningful relationships along the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. timjohn Aug 28, 2016

I'll have one of whatever you're smoking

Jwit likes this.
  15. M'Bob Aug 28, 2016

Send me a PM.

Jwit likes this.
  16. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 28, 2016

I imagine that the Omega brand has helped many along their spiritual journeys, particularly weapons-grade spirits like good Bourbon, single malts, or one's hooch of choice.

Some of the most hilarious and also intemperate outbursts on various Omega fora I've witnessed have undoubtedly been fuelled by keyboard tippling, which in an existential context illustrates free will corrupted by excess.

As Lenny Bruce said, our fundamental mission in life is to work hard enough to amass enough money to be able to afford 24-hour permanent care in our dotage. All the little kindnesses we offer and receive along the way are a bonus :)

UncleBuck, Ritzwatch, M'Bob and 3 others like this.
  17. WatchVaultNYC Aug 28, 2016

My Omega has helped me get to church in time

18. ulackfocus Aug 28, 2016

Bowie fan, eh?
    It's a parody of a fanboy member's lovefest with his life-extending, most bestest Omega watch in the whole wide world.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  19. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 28, 2016

actually that's one of the better made LE's they pulled off lately! Finally moving up from the 2nd-tier dogs to first tier comic figures!!!

Joe K. likes this.
  20. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 28, 2016

I'm with you on this. The thought of spending some of these amounts is hideous. And even if I can afford something, I usually say I can't justify spending it, when that sort of amount could do so much good elsewhere.