Forums Latest Members

Does this tricompax look correct?

1. Dgercp Nov 30, 2015

Thanks for any opinions

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Nov 30, 2015

Before I answer, I'd like to get your take.

3. Dgercp Nov 30, 2015

my take is first of all I love your watches. I am not an expert on these but have always loved this one.
    It seems ok to me, maybe 6pm subdial hand not correct? but not sure on this. I am more a speedy, breitling guy.
    He is looking for 14k but I am trying to get him down. Assuming watch is legit??

thanks

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Nov 30, 2015

It's a nice example, IMO. Case looks like it might be polished a bit (hard to tell in the picture), but the sub-dial hands are fine and it's unusual to find these with all the lume plots intact and creamy. The one thing that jumps at me is the "281" engraving in the bottom right of the movement...it looks a little janky, but perhaps it has to do with lighting and not the engraving itself. The actual mechanics within the movement are correct for a 281 and appear to be in fine shape.

Having said that, I know the seller and have already privately discussed this one (not to buy). You won't be able to budge much, if at all, from $14K, as the one I just sold went for substantially more than that. Frankly a little surprised that it's all he's asking for it.

Dgercp likes this.
  5. Diabolik Nov 30, 2015

Cant fault it, looks great to me ... Sub-dial at six looks good too.

Considering the way prices are going, it may well be your last chance at getting one at that price. Prices seem to be going through the roof ! I expect it is partly to do with the fact that older collectibles are seen as a bit of a commodity (no tax liability, don't need feeding and hold their values). I cant see UG opening up and making more of them!

Get them while you can ...:cool:

Dgercp likes this.
  6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Nov 30, 2015

Good looking Evil Clapton[emoji769].

x3no and Hijak like this.
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 30, 2015

OMG, no, it's not OK. It's upside down.

Other than that, I agree with the others.:D

Diabolik, nicolas07, aap and 2 others like this.
  8. Dgercp Nov 30, 2015

Oh crap, upside down, why didn't I pick up on that.