Forums Latest Members
  1. AdamPolerouter Nov 30, 2015

hi,

I found you guys by accident, trying to learn something about the unknown Polerouter I got from my grandpa....this might end up being an obsession. Since then I've been following you, bought the Sala, trying to learn a bit and looking around for a good opportunity to expand the collection. I've come across this aero-compax. What's your opinion? Seller claims 38mm case and all good/working/original. Price is below 3000usd, negotiable.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    PatrickJ and ELV web like this.
  2. PHPHD Nov 30, 2015

Looks good to me.

3. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Nov 30, 2015

We cannot confirm the serial and reference numbers as the seller blocked them out, but it looks like a good, honest example. Although the dial is a bit tired and missing most of its lume, the watch is indeed all-original and the price commiserates with its condition. I would ask for the full 5 digit reference number and at least the first 3 digits of the serial for comfort of mind, but I think you can make a good faith fair offer in return.

4. aap Nov 30, 2015

Why do sellers cover these numbers anyway? What am I missing here?

5. Wongo Nov 30, 2015

So other scammers not steal the serial number

6. aap Nov 30, 2015

Oh yeah, huh?! Thanks man.

7. waXology Dec 1, 2015

Lovely looking!

8. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Dec 1, 2015

I think <3k would be a decent buy.

9. Diabolik Dec 2, 2015

Agree with previous comment's apart from stealing numbers. Steal numbers to do what ? Sell them? Stamp them onto another watch ? Can't see the point of going to so much agro ...

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 16, 2015

Greetings to all, I'm noticing on those pics that the "Universal" inscription looks like it's almost touching the top subdial that's just above it.
    Wondering if that's a frequent occurence?
    I'm currently looking at a aero-compax example where both the "Universal" and "Aero-compax" inscriptions seem very close to the subdials, more so than on other examples found on line.

Wondering if those are known variations or a matter of concern.
    Thanks in advance,
    S