Forums Latest Members

Does crown replacement come included with Omega Service?

1. MrMaster58 May 9, 2019

Looking to get my PO serviced soon.. does the crown usually get replaced under the flat rate service cost?

2. 8100_RPM May 9, 2019

Yes, Omega replaces the crown.

MrMaster58 likes this.
  3. MrMaster58 May 9, 2019

Would that be the same case if I used an authorized service center?

4. tyrantlizardrex May 9, 2019

Should do. Worth asking the service centre in question.

MrMaster58 likes this.
  5. MrMaster58 May 9, 2019

Is there a clever way of looking up the service history of an Omega. I know this like it would be for a car when work can take place at any time, but do Omega keep logs of when they had the watch in for a service etc..?

6. tyrantlizardrex May 9, 2019

In the world of modern service centres, where records are computerised, yes - Omega should be able to tell you when they last (if ever) saw a watch.

They won’t have oversight of third party records at authorised service centres, or watchmakers.

Foo2rama and MrMaster58 like this.
  7. kkt May 10, 2019

Pretty much certainly. Replacing the crown is standard on watches that have any pretensions toward being water resistant, even just to getting caught in the rain. The crown's seal is part of the crown.

MrMaster58 likes this.
  8. ericmtl May 10, 2019

Yes they do and ask to have the used ones back, they did for me when I had mine serviced.

MrMaster58 likes this.
  9. Evitzee May 10, 2019

Omega may not provide those records to a third party. A few years ago I bought a pre-owned Vacheron Constantin from an online collector. He had purchased it used from Tourneau and it had to go back to VC for a complete service soon after he bought it. After I bought the watch I contacted VC to see what exactly was done and they said since I wasn't the owner as shown in their records they couldn't release any information to me. I didn't pursue it any further and the watch has been running fine.

MrMaster58 likes this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 10, 2019

You shouldn’t have to ask. Unlike Rolex, Omega doesn’t steal parts from you and they return all replaced parts, with only a very few exceptions.

MrMaster58 likes this.