Forums Latest Members

Does anyone have any pointers on Strela 3017 chronos?

1. Greatoldone Apr 10, 2017

In much the same way as @Foo2rama had some links squirrelled away for the Sturmanskie, can some one point me in the correct direction for the Strela, specifically vintage not replica?

From my own research, I know that the one I want will have a 3017 movement... but what I can't seem to find is good reference material for what these movements should look like, or what constitutes a good overall watch. nir indicators on where pricing should be.

Again, I've been strolling through the worlds favourite online boot sale and found this. It looks nice. If your an expert, rip it to shreds for me. Or not, and tell me to pull the trigger. :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1MChZ-STR...f5adffa&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=112357764492Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

IMG_0332.JPG IMG_0333.JPG

2. Greatoldone Apr 10, 2017

3. Greatoldone Apr 10, 2017

4. Greatoldone Apr 10, 2017

After a lord of umming and ahhhhring, going to and fro between the listings I've found, the info I dug up on the Russian Watch forum over on WUS and the production charts they have... I've just taken a punt on the last one I posted. :)

From what I can see, most of the tach track has faded away or been lost some how, and there's that spot near 9 o'clock. But apart from that, I gather all the hands are correct, and the serial # (07991) puts it in the '61-'62 range. Aledgedly.

Fingers crossed I have just bought a Russian dog...