Forums Latest Members

Does any who wears a Richard Mille actually pays for it?

1. squarelug Sep 20, 2019

Question -

If RM were to sponsor you, and put a 825k watch on your wrist, do you have to pay taxes on the market value of the watch? How does that work? Does anyone know?

2. izydor Sep 24, 2019

Funny thread :)

Exactly what I thought. Call me ignorant, but I've learned about RM today reading this thread. And first thing that came on my mind was "rectangular invicta". Then I read about the prices and second thought was "wth?!".
    These pieces can be miracles of engineering, built with best materials, space tech, assembled by virgins/gnomes/magicians/virgin gnome magicians/younameit on top of the highest mountain of horological world. But they look like crap to me too. I'd never spend such an amount on watch like these.

Even if I ever had such an amount to spend on a watch - which is rather unlikely. ;)

3. Jokr Nov 20, 2019

I walked past the RM boutique in Las Vegas a couple days ago and decided to have a look inside. After talking to their super friendly salesman for a while, he let me try on a RM 12-01 tourbillon. I'm still fascinated by the weight and feeling of the watch. But at the same time it's a strange feeling having something that expensive on the wrist. For whatever reason I wasn't allowed to take a picture of the watch, so I unfortunately don't have any pictures to share with you guys.

He also told me that RM doesn't sponsor Alex Zverev anymore, so they might be have stopped giving out their watches to a wider range of top athletes and stick with fewer of their ambassadors?

4. 03Hemi Nov 20, 2019

"Perhaps the NFL got to the bottom of this pressing issue when it spoke to the Browns on the matter Monday. According to league spokesman Michael Signora, NFL rules allow jewelry to be worn during games; however, there is a policy in place “prohibiting hard objects.”
    He was fined for wearing it, fwiw.
    Per the LATimes

5. pongster Nov 24, 2019

Met another RM nut. He says he disposed of almost all his other watches to focus on RM. i guess there are people who do buy these things.

He showed me his flyback RM 011 and to be fair, it looked well built and not too big on my wrist. If it were of the color i like, i might have lusted for it.