Do you wish Omega took itself more seriously?

I'd be really interested to see how this affects the sales numbers of the women's watches.

But Omega already sells more than twice as many ladies watches than mens.

From chatting to the Omega Boutique in Tokyo airport years ago it's 4-1 ladies watches....

Like 2
But Omega already sells more than twice as many ladies watches than mens.

From chatting to the Omega Boutique in Tokyo airport years ago it's 4-1 ladies watches....

Really?! Maybe men are buying their wives watches as gifts...? I find it hard to believe the buyer are women who have an interest in watches, as it seems to be an almost-exclusively men's club.

Like 1
:thumbsdown:
about every known brand ?
Thus far wrist watches of 10 different brands have been used in spaceflight and directly exposed to the harsh outer space environment.
And the X-33 has been used during an EVA - spacewalk (August 2022 ISS Expedition crew 67)
So, there is a photo of an X-33 outside the pressure suit? By EVA I mean directly exposed. Many other watches have been worn under the suit during EVA. The issue with the X-33 is the movement can not deal with the cold and us also not legible in the high radiation environment. That’s is well known.

But if there is a working X-33 in that environment I am all ears and eyes. These details are why it is not approved for EVA. It needs to be reliable.

Like 2
Really?! Maybe men are buying their wives watches as gifts...? I find it hard to believe the buyer are women who have an interest in watches, as it seems to be an almost-exclusively men's club.

Collecting is a men’s club.
Buying a watches as fashion accessories is a woman’s game. Walk into any Omega Boutique, it's more than 50% woman’s watches display wise ;)

Like 3
Collecting is a men’s club.
Buying a watches as fashion accessories is a woman’s game. Walk into any Omega Boutique, it's more than 50% woman’s watches display wise ;)
And if I'm not mistaken, many of the female buyers are in Asia.

Like 3
We need an Omega watch ideally suited to (and commemorating the brave women and men who dedicate their lives to) creating spreadsheets and pivot tables, researching the legalities of wiretaps, doing forensic accounting, and handling the paperwork for official passports.

I believe you just described the Rolex Desk Diver. Complete with clear anti-scratch decals all over it.

Optional bubble wrap over-cuff to isolate it from any hazards such as paper cuts, errant staples or hot coffee spills.

Like 2
Quoted member J!m
So, there is a photo of an X-33 outside the pressure suit? By EVA I mean directly exposed. Many other watches have been worn under the suit during EVA. The issue with the X-33 is the movement can not deal with the cold and us also not legible in the high radiation environment. That’s is well known.

But if there is a working X-33 in that environment I am all ears and eyes. These details are why it is not approved for EVA. It needs to be reliable.

Yes there is. Russian did it something like 2 years ago. SpeedyPhil is right. I can try to find the screen shot again if SpeedPhil doesn't do it first.

And watches being worn over the suits are far more than 10 brands. Yep.

Like 1
The Speedmaster is the only true time tested icon they've got going ... watch collector's ... have no interest in buying/collecting Omega watches beyond the Speedmaster.

True, however it's funny because Holy Trinity AP gets dinged for having ONLY the Royal Oak, but has never gotten beyond that one product line (I'm lookin at you Code 11.59) whereas Omega has 2 successful lines, both with tons of models.

The Seamaster professional 300m in it's current iteration (1994-present) kind of looses it's magic and appeal when you realise it's entire existence and popularity was because of a big fat paycheck to the Bond franchise to give it some screen time in a film.

Maybe, but hanging only the Seamaster with crass marketing tie-ins kinda ignores just about everything in the watch & jewelry world.

After all, Biver invented the celebrity ambassador and media product placement which virtually every major brand has so we could equally say every luxury watch made owes "its entire existence and popularity, because of a big fat paycheck to the [celebrity] franchise"

FWIW I have only a Planet Ocean and my next Omegas will be another PO variant and the Nekton 300M. After that I do kinda like the Speedy Moonphases, so maybe one of those.

Like 2
Thinking here about the new gimmicky DSotM, with the little rocket; also about the Snoopy watches and the MoonSwatch---h.
=> What the hell is 'DSotM'?
Its only for insiders, or members????
Konrad

=> What the hell is 'DSotM'?
Its only for insiders, or members????
Konrad
LOL, how you English speakers love an acronym.
AFAIK, it must mean "Dark Side of the Moon":

Like 1
Correct, Dark Side of the Moon. Sorry, it’s such a common acronym on this forum, it didn’t occur to me it would confuse anyone, especially within the context.

Guilty as charged, with the acronym I thing. For what it’s worth, I find that this site can help with solving such riddles.

=> Thanks, but what the hell is 'FWIW', 'LOL' and 'AFAIK'?
Do I have to be native in Soho?
Konrad

Konrad

You're joking, right? :thumbsup:

Like 1
Speaking of, the upcoming boutique in SoHo has been in development for quite awhile. Wonder when it’ll open.

Like 1
Konrad
More like Tribeca.