Forums Latest Members
  1. raison_ Jul 23, 2022

hi all, i recently been thinking to pick up a speedmaster as part of my collection. i have yet to decide on the vintage late 80s-90s or the modern iterations. thinking of picking up at an reasonable price hence not considering the grail pieces from the earlier era. from what i see, i do think that the price has been softening a tad, perhaps due to the upcoming recession, what do you think? perhaps now is the time to take the plunge and get a speedmaster.

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 23, 2022

Yes.

raison_ and M'Bob like this.
  3. Eve Jul 23, 2022

We will probably see once the summer is over.
    I dont see the sellers dropping prices significantly, although the demand is low right now. So a lot of watches seem to be just sitting unsold.

Spacefruit, raison_ and M'Bob like this.
  4. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jul 23, 2022

Well, after having been the underbidder on several Speedies in the last couple of days, I think we can indeed conclude that prices might be slightly lower overall. Which is also what I would expect in the first summer with nearly unrestricted vacationing possibilities in years. At the same time, the top pieces still go for good money... I wouldn't mind the nice 2998's to drop a bit so they become attainable again. :whistling:

Putting knowledge into action; I think summer is a rather good time to buy in general and this summer certainly won't be the exception.

5. pdxleaf ... Jul 23, 2022

There have recently been some good speedys in the private for sale forum here. Some have not sold and some have taken longer to sell than they might have taken to sell previously. This seems to be a good time to be looking to buy your first speedy.

6. M'Bob Jul 23, 2022

I think you all are right on the money: the Summer; the most traveled Summer in a couple of years; and of course, the US stock market doldrums isn’t helping either.

raison_ likes this.
  7. studeb Jul 23, 2022

i was going to post the same question as well. I think the prices are softening on the low end, i have seen them locally in SoCal under $4k. Flippers are still asking for more though.

raison_ likes this.
  8. omegawatchlover Jul 23, 2022

Let me know when I can get a 145.022-69 on original bracelet for $7k and then I’d say it’s dropping :thumbsup:
    The modern/neovintage are softening. Prices of speedies do seem pretty stable imo recession or not.

raison_ likes this.
  9. Caliber561 Jul 23, 2022

I've been able to make some satisfying value picks this summer; seems like my personal experience concurs with that of other members here.

raison_ likes this.
  10. raison_ Jul 24, 2022

hmmm yea it does seems that the meteoric rise of prices over the past 18 months has hopefully stopped or reversed

11. ortope Jul 24, 2022

Top conditions + rarity = top prices.
    Still!

Cheers

raison_, studeb and Spacefruit like this.
  12. BarbVl Jul 24, 2022

In my opinion in the last time the prices goes up..but maybe it's only the inflation..