Forums Latest Members

Do you correct ebay, listings.

1. 30t1 Feb 3, 2021

I mean stuff incorrectly listed or advertised. There was a guy selling a great running vintage chronograph, the thing was missing the minute jumper. The other one the guy, had it listed as a valjoux 22, it wasn’t. Only done it a couple of times.
    Personally if I’m bidding I always ask for more photos.

Benbradstock likes this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 3, 2021

I used to bother, but quickly found it wasn’t worth the effort.

Will still report (to eBay) fakes and other obvious attempts to defraud, with some limited successes.

So many windmills to tilt at, so little time!

3. JwRosenthal Feb 3, 2021

I’ve PM’d sellers on a few watches I know well and their description was wrong (not intentionally deceptive but could be misinterpreted in their favor to an uneducated buyer). A couple responded gratefully and corrected their listings (that felt good) a few ignored me, and one called me an asshole and told me I didn’t know what I was talking about. I don’t do it much after that one.

apsm100 and 30t1 like this.
  4. ExpiredWatchdog Feb 3, 2021

No, but I'll correct your grammar. It's "Do you correct ebay listings?"

30t1, asrnj77, Darlinboy and 2 others like this.
  5. Marsimaxam Feb 3, 2021

Twice... the first I was ignored, the second, the seller responded.

First time, an individual was selling a Speedmaster 105.012-66 CB midcase, however, it was actually a HF midcase

Second, individual was selling a Speedmaster 145.022-68 transitional, however the dial was later as the hour plots did not go thru the minute track and did not have an AML as in the typical 321 dial. Seller sent me an image of the movement and the caseback interior which was marked 145.022-68 and the the movement number was within the range of a transitional. I told him the dial had been replaced... no reply.

30t1 likes this.
  6. 30t1 Feb 4, 2021

Thanks

7. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Feb 4, 2021

I’ve done that too. Most seller’s have thanked me and amended the postings

30t1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  8. Edward53 Feb 4, 2021

No, I don't. People who knowingly list fakes don't like it if you call them out, and when they actually have something decent to sell, you can find they've blocked you. Plus there is a massive amount of bad stuff going on the world over at all times and even just trying to keep my own tiny corner of it clean is a major headache, so I don't feel like taking on the role of ebay's policeman. In the early days I sometimes used to contact buyers and tell them what they had bought was wrong, and why, but you can't do that anymore.

apsm100 and 30t1 like this.
  9. ExpiredWatchdog Feb 5, 2021

Any time.

10. Edward53 Feb 6, 2021

Suggested message to those last two categories: "You have failed the ethics test. Further information will follow shortly. Meanwhile you should take prompt steps to ensure that your family and any other dependents are provided for."

30t1 likes this.
  11. Borosilikat Feb 6, 2021

I just do the research for myself, there are simply too many watches on ebay to correct every listing

30t1 likes this.