Do these hands look correct for 165/166.024?

IMG_0195.jpeg I picked up a 166.027 recently that has the wrong hands. I’m wondering if they might be correct for 165.024 / 166.024 Seamaster 300, and I’ve done my best to compare them to the examples on omegaseamaster300.com. They look correct to me, but I’d be interested in more experienced collector’s opinions, as I know there are a lot of fake parts floating around for the vintage Seamaster 300.

The seller claimed the hands were replaced with hands from “another Omega Seamaster 120”, so maybe they could have come from 166.073, but the hour hand for those watches looks like it has a different shape. Any insights would be appreciated.

IMG_0198.jpeg IMG_0200.jpeg IMG_0196.jpeg

I mostly bought this watch for parts, but now that I see it in person, I kind of like it despite the incorrect hands…

IMG_0204.jpeg

Ahhh, you’re the lucky guy this one. Congrats on snagging that bargain!

I got locked out when putting in my bid 😉. I think they’re Seamaster 300 hands. The Seamaster 120 hands seem to have slightly different proportions, but I could be wrong.

If you don’t get an answer, I’m going to my safety deposit box in the morning so will compare my 120 to my 300 to check dimensions.

If you don’t get an answer, I’m going to my safety deposit box in the morning so will compare my 120 to my 300 to check dimensions.

Thanks David, that is kind of you to offer.

Ahhh, you’re the lucky guy this one. Congrats on snagging that bargain!

Thanks, I was surprised it went as low as it did, even with the incorrect hands. The seller only included 2 pics of the dial, and they weren’t very good. So, that may have put off some buyers who might have thought he was trying to hide something.

As the seller mentioned, the bezel didn’t rotate, but I was able to remove it and clean the crud that had built up over who knows how many years, and it rotates fine now.

Congrats, I loved this watch but didn't bid as I'm overwhelmed

The wrong hands were a plus for me, loved them, it's better than the real thing

I was in a rush today I’m afraid so could stay long. What I can say comparing the two watches is the dial on the SM120 actually appears slightly larger than the SM300 dial (which obviously has a much thicker bezel).

This means the hour hand only just a the logo whereas on yours it appears to clear it by slightly more.
However, to completely contradict myself, I feel your minute hand may be too short?

As a guess I’d say they could well be SM300 hands but the only way to know for sure is to Measure them