Forums Latest Members

Do I have a 105.012-65 or 145.012-67? Please help, it's driving me crazy!

1. OmegaCal66 Apr 23, 2016

It's also quite strange your t's next to Swiss are wide where you would expect them to narrow on a 2208 serial no. I still think you will be pleasantly surprised how much you will get for this even if it's an assembly not far away what you would have got 1 year ago for everything right.

2. sky21 Apr 23, 2016

You can always take your chances auction style with eBay, but you never know what kind of buyer you may have to deal with. You could try to sell it here, but there are some fairly strict rules before you would be able to list it for sale. If you want to try to list it here you would need to contact one of the moderators and discuss it with them first. You would almost certainly deal with a more upstanding buyer here but you may get less money.

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 23, 2016

Isn't it already listed, probably sold by now.

RawArcher likes this.
  4. whizzz Apr 23, 2016

Thanks again for the advice sky, I may just do that.

No dennis it's not up yet

I did try getting quotes from a few of the 'sell your Omega' websites and I had a fair bit of interest and a couple of them made immediate offers which were quite reasonable. I was quite surprised that people would make such offers just going on the info I had and the uploaded pics.
    One company offered me a minimum return via brokering which really did surprise me but I guess that means they hold it until it's sold

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 23, 2016

It was listed for sale in your original post, call me a cynic if you like.

MikiJ likes this.
  6. whizzz Apr 23, 2016

Oops my finger slipped.....

Until it's sold and then make the agreed payment to me afterwards. I imagine this option doesn't usually work well for the seller as the person brokering the watch will just keep trying to offer you lower prices when they hold 'your' watch until you either crack or ask for it back.
    I have never used a brokering service but I just have this image of how it works. Please tell me if I'm way off course with this and it's actually a pretty good option.
    To be honest I'd rather that it went to someone that would really enjoy it rather than someone trying to make a quick buck so I might take sky21s advice and speak to someone on the forum about how to go about it when I'm ready.

7. whizzz Apr 23, 2016

Ooh Dennis you old cynic....

Yes ideally I would like to keep it but as much as I love watches, I am not in a position to start a collection or even invest in making what I've got better really. Neither am I able to ever wear them, so, it seems silly to just have it sitting at home boxed away somewhere when these things bring so much delight to others. The watch has already just been sat in its box for 8 years since I acquired it.
    I'm afraid I have to focus my immediate future on dealing with some difficult issues.
    I'm still not 100% sure if I will let it go. I just wanted to put the feelers out there and see what advice people could offer and if there was any info people could kindly help me piece together.

Thanks to all those who have contributed so far.
    Steve

image.jpeg
  8. Davidt Apr 23, 2016

If you spend the 100 or so quid on an extract it will shed further light on the history and you'll possibly get more in a sale.

However, you may be as well listing it on ebay in a no reserve auction, with all the pictures and history you can as an extract may just confirm that significant parts have been changed.

As has been said, at first glance it looks a lovely watch, but the serial is too early for the dial and caseback. Furthermore, the bracelet and hands are much later.

Regardless, you'll still get a pretty penny.