Distasteful but interesting to watch nerds (Hitler’s LeCoultre)

Cursed object. Some rich a-hole will grab this. Same guy perhaps that bought the UG Compax owned by Herman Goering.

UG and LC, Hugo Boss uniforms, MB cars and trucks …gotta give ‘em points for style….oh and can’t forget the genocide- they got that down too.

I bet all hands only turn to the right. Wonder if it'll last a thousand years...

Joking aside, I cannot put in words how much I would not want to own it.

Hopefully it goes to a museum of some sort (and displayed in proper context), rather than in private hands.

I'll be honest, I thought hard before posting the story but actually, to ignore it is to sweep the memory of this heinous barbarian under the carpet which must never do.

My personal opinion is that some artefacts should never be privately owned or sold for gain and anything to do with Hitler ( or his henchmen) come under this banner for me.
I think in this case the French Govt would have had a good case to confiscate the watch as it was stolen by one for their soldiers.

I wouldn't see it destroyed - rather it should be displayed as a counterpoint to all of the atrocities that he and his kind committed during their reign.

I like that we live in a free World but some accesses are denied!!
Now I get how this site is selling a nazi watch!!They too,are racists 😁😁
aadas.png
Edited:

I have to say that I find this to be a slippery slope issue. Obviously I am not defending Hitler, but where does one draw the line? An enormous number of innocent Iraqi civilians were killed or maimed in a war of choice, based almost entirely on false pretenses. Should collectibles related George W. Bush or Colin Powell, etc., also be off-limits?
Edited:

I bet all hands only turn to the right. Wonder if it'll last a thousand years...

Joking aside, I cannot put in words how much I would not want to own it.

I think it was left .......but at the 12 and 6 positions it is hard to tell the difference sadly... Which might be why we all end up in this 2 and 8 (state).

Talking numbers...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The watch bears three dates – Hitler's birthday, the date he was appointed chancellor of Germany, and the date of the Nazi party's 1933 election victory.

'The watch is estimated to sell at between $2m and $4m – a relative bargain considering actor Paul Newman's watch sold for $17.8m (£15m)!'

Watch owned by HITLER that bears his initials could fetch £3.4M at auction | Daily Mail Online
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is an active debate about how items like this should be handled. It is offensive to many that sellers can profit from the sale of these items in part because Nazi-sympathizers want to collect them. I am not saying that everyone who buys an item like this is a neo-Nazi or white supremacist, but it is undoubtedly true that people who espouse these philosophies love to own Nazi memorabilia, and auction prices are a reflection of overall market desirability.

In at least one highly publicized recent auction, a philanthropist purchased some high-priced items with the express purpose of donating them to an Israeli museum. Of course, this does increase the hammer price by adding another bidder, but it serves the purpose of gradually removing these items permanently from the collectible market.

The watch is estimated to sell at ... 1 million dollars ...

one-milliondollars-dr-evil.gif

There's a great episode of Justified where an art dealer has devoted his life to collecting paintings that Hitler did.

If you haven't watched Justified it's a fun show and people should check it out. It's on Hulu right now I think.

For me it's simple. You are out of your mind to sell a watch like this in the private domain. The fucker wore this gold watch while people were beeing murdered (in the death camps). Why would you want to make money from a personal item from this guy? These kind of things should be in government or museum hands so they could be displayed in the right context.
Edited:

It's a good test. It should be offered for sale. There should be no bids. The world will have grown.

If there are bids, that will reveal what is still present and tolerated.

I fear it will sell well. Hopefully, when it reappears in 100 years, it won't sell.

Yeah, I could see this being in a museum or something, but to profit off of it isn't right in any sense of the word.

It's a good test. It should be offered for sale. There should be no bids. The world will have grown.

If there are bids, that will reveal what is still present and tolerated.

I fear it will sell well. Hopefully, when it reappears in 100 years, it won't sell.

unfortunately, as time goes on and those that were there are no more, the apologists will white wash the atrocities and talk of his great leadership . ( it’s already happening in the US)

It’s almost 80 years on now and there are still (not so) covert rallies in Bavaria, fascist groups with faux Nazi insignia in Europe and the US.

The continued distaste among the reasonable must continue to be sung out loud and clear.

I wish I could afford it, so I could make a video of me smashing the shit out if it with a sledgehammer.

At Watchprosite.com JLC Moderator emailed to JLC about this auction and the watch. The brand termed the watch as fake and not a genuine JLC watch at all. They further implied to take legal action against the auction site as well.
I believe this topic should be closed for further futile discussion.

Jaeger-LeCoultre responded as under regarding the said Reverso;

"Jaeger-LeCoultre does not recognise the authenticity of this watch.

Any inference that this is an authentic Jaeger-LeCoultre watch would be a falsehood and the company would take action accordingly.

The company is committed to the protection of its intellectual property and is prepared to take all necessary legal action to prevent the sale of frauds and counterfeits.
"
(Copied from watchprosite.com)