Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaP99 Jul 25, 2020

I already know this isn't for everyone, and that it's "not correct" but I want to add a display back to the vintage MKII I just picked up. I know Custom Watch Concepts offers these and that's who I plan to buy from, but strangely I sent a message over a few days ago with questions and never heard back.

I am curious to know a few things if anybody here has this caseback.

1) It seems like there is now a dedicated MKII version, does that one still require a spacer? Does it come with it if so?
    2) The site says "VAT included" but as I live in the US there is no VAT to add, so is the price automatically discounted to account, or how does this work when ordering? Even after switching the site to the "USD" option the price still shows VAT included.
    3) How do you like yours? Any pics?
    4) What is his response time normally like? It's summer so perhaps just taking time away, but it's hard to send money if you're not getting responses. I'm not too worried and feel if I just placed and order it would show up, but curious about others experiences.

I will of course keep the OEM caseback with the watch, and this is purely for my own pleasure because I want to stare at that movement all the time. Yes, even the Derlin brake, I think it's got a cool back story in it's own right.

2. redzer007 Jul 25, 2020

I have one, does not need a spacer as far as I remember. I put it on mine to save the ever fading hippocampus. Was my first display caseback, loved looking at the movement.

I don't remember the price being over the top, r anything negative about the purchase, and in fact I may of purchased new via ebay (from what I think I remember being the maker)

OmegaP99 likes this.
  3. redzer007 Jul 25, 2020

Also just remembered there is no dust cover on a mark 2, hence no spacer needed (I think)

OmegaP99 likes this.
  4. OmegaP99 Jul 25, 2020

A benefit I hadn't considered!

5. OmegaP99 Aug 13, 2020

To cap this thread off, I received my display back today and am very pleased. Well made, tho if I'm being picky AR would be nice so I could see every tiny detail in full glory. Fits great, no spacer needed. I put the original case back in a baggie in my "watch shit" box with a note describing what it goes to so there's no doubts in the future.
    I never did get a response from the seller to my initial inquiry so I just placed an order. When you get to the checkout you select your country and then the VAT falls off from the total, and shipping populates. Not intuitive but it works.
    Pics or it didn't happen:
    IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG

Tet, Archer, Chaz Goldenrod and 3 others like this.
  6. tikkathree Aug 14, 2020

Thank you for sharing with us. I've had the occasional passing impulse to add an exhibition back. Maybe one of these days..

OmegaP99 likes this.
  7. Chaz Goldenrod Aug 14, 2020

I had one on my MKII and enjoyed it very much!
    5B0B36CA-3037-4305-BD57-5DFB9CB27E48.jpeg

OmegaP99 likes this.
  8. OmegaP99 Aug 14, 2020

Thanks gents, I have found myself just flipping the piece over and getting lost in the details several times already. I don't like display backs with rotors blocking the view, but for a manual wind it's perfect. I showed a friend who didn't know what the inside of a real watch looked like and it blew his mind that all these tiny parts are in there working together. I think he was expecting circuit boards. lol

9. Iceter Aug 14, 2020

How much height does it add to the watch?

10. OmegaP99 Aug 14, 2020

None! In fact it seems to be even slightly shorter, maybe 1/2mm over the factory solid back.

11. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Aug 15, 2020

I have one of these on my MK2, love it and the quality is fantastic IMO. Highly recommended, nice guy to deal with also.

OmegaP99 likes this.