Forums Latest Members
  1. erans007 Apr 30, 2020

What discount percentage should I try and get at my local AD for a new Omega Seamaster chronograph?

2. WatchCor Apr 30, 2020

A matter of personal opinion and the final discount percent might depend on your customer history, previous purchases etc. I, personally, if it's not a waitlist item will be satisfied at 10% and happy at 15%.

You can always ask politely for a deal sweetener (i.e. extra strap and/or buckle).

OMEGuy and erans007 like this.
  3. OMEGuy Apr 30, 2020

I think it depends on the watch you're after. So there's no regular percentage that can be confirmed. But as has been said, 10 to 15% off are possible on some models normally, if you do it right.

4. Happy Apr 30, 2020

Also depends on if you are buying outright, or wanting interest free credit?

My AD in the uk would only offer me 5%

JuF likes this.
  5. kpinthebay Apr 30, 2020

I'm coming from the Rolex forums and this is such a breath of fresh air. Watches at a discount and you can actually touch and feel them and walk out with a new watch the same day! Who would have thought.

I'd shoot for 10-15% off. Anything more I might be ashamed and might just go gray.

imageWIS, Foo2rama and OmeGez like this.
  6. imageWIS Apr 30, 2020

Just make sure they don't want to 'sweeten' the deal by giving you a watch winder (especially if you buy a manual watch :rolleyes:) or other frivolous item.

Happy likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 30, 2020

Hard to say on that one, also depends on the AD and your location. But right now I would assume would be a good time.

imageWIS and erans007 like this.
  8. erans007 May 1, 2020

Thank you guys! will go and try my luck in 2 weeks

9. killer67 May 1, 2020

in my experience, an authorized Omega dealer seems to be more generous with discounts than OBs

imageWIS likes this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 1, 2020

The percentage of a discount from RRP can vary.

It depends on how much rent the AD had to pay.
    And the outgoings (insurance/power/water).
    And his monthly turnover/profit.
    And the staff burden (shit staff get shit money, good staff who knows the product are rewarded and kept).
    And the affects of a global downturn in most markets.
    And the AD experience with low ball offers for their products.

There are many factors contributing to the cost of a watch (dealer to you).

My suggestion is to research your local market place, and then make a fair offer if they are open to negotiation.