Forums Latest Members

Did you get the new 2020 Rolex models?

1. MrJKLFoams Sep 17, 2020

I was checking online and looks like Rolex ADs are actually calling loyal customers and offering them the new 2020 Rolex models. I got a phone call yesterday from my local AD if I want the new Kermit or WG blue sub but I can only choose 1 its ready and I can come pick them up now. Im tempted to get the kermit but I just acquired my 126660 Dblue less than a week ago from the same AD who called. I didnt get any and instead I call the manager back to tell her to just give it to someone since I got what I want 3 days ago :) and Im happy with my collection at the moment and put my name on the list for blue skydweller or daytona instead. Anyone got the new model from your local AD? Please do share. Thanks

20200917_150644.jpg
    Edited Sep 17, 2020
  2. kip595 Sep 17, 2020

Mine says they're "hopeful to receive anything" by mid-late October, but they're small, the only AD anywhere near here, and have little in stock at the best of times over the last year or so.

Good of you to pass the opportunity forward, btw, good sportsmanship...or collectorship...::rimshot::

JanP, wristpirate and MrJKLFoams like this.
  3. MrJKLFoams Sep 17, 2020

Yeah I want to keep that trust between me and my AD, its just not for me since I got a sub 114060. I dont have time to flip around watches and loose my spot when they found out that I flip the watch so let alone someone enjoy it. Hope you get it man. Cheers

Edited Sep 17, 2020
    WatchCor and wristpirate like this.
  4. Meyrin Sep 17, 2020

My AD said "We have no 2020 models, we don't know when we're getting any, so please go away." Well, not the exact words he used, but it´s what he meant! A polite brush-off. And they have zero old stock. Germany, where I live, has in the last three years become a desert for Rolex sports watches...

gminnj and MrJKLFoams like this.
  5. rjdemarco Sep 17, 2020

The local AD tried to persuade me into a Datejust. “No, Sub please” put me on the list.

MrJKLFoams likes this.
  6. leefowler Sep 17, 2020

Picking up a no date on Saturday.

gminnj, MrJKLFoams and blufinz52 like this.
  7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 17, 2020

I have a request to my local AD for the silver dial 41mm OP, but so far it's been radio silence. I'm looking into other avenues for one.

MrJKLFoams likes this.
  8. MrJKLFoams Sep 17, 2020

9. MrJKLFoams Sep 17, 2020

Please share photos here! Congrats in advance

10. MrJKLFoams Sep 17, 2020

Better if you have 2-3 ADs that way chance is big.

blufinz52 likes this.
  11. journeyforce Sep 17, 2020

I will be getting a pink dialed OP36 from my local(well under an hour away) AD in about a couple of weeks.

I saw the pink dialed one last week but the watch was already spoken for by a regular customer but they stated that they had one arriving in a less then a month. It was mine if I put up a 10% (100%)refundable deposit. I did so and I got the call yesterday that the person that had originally spoken for the pink dial OP decided on a nice DJ so I came down and bought it.

As it is the first new Rolex since 1995 (when I got a sub), I wanted my name and date purchased engraved on the case back. I am sure a lot of Rolex purists are cringing on engraving the case back and I am sure I will hear quite a lot that I ruined its resale value doing that. Well I don't care. It is my watch and i will do what i like with it. So it will take about 2 weeks (or less) for them to have it engraved

I chose the pink dial because in person it has that Miami Vice look to it. It has a vibrant 1980's feel to it with the dial. I was kid in the 1980's and love that decade. I wore hot pink and bright orange shirts. I skateboarded a lot as a kid and in my school, the big fashion for guys was wearing a several G&S velcro straps at the same time.

Best off all I did not play the game, No wait lists for 6 million years, no buying a crap ton of terrible jewelry to even be considered. Plus I got the watch for MSRP plus tax (the engraving was a separate cost)

This will be my second OP36. I bought that Dominos Pizza watch from forum member Annapolis.

I would never buy a new Rolex (or any watch) over MSRP or even spend all that money on a gray market watch. All those suckers paying for a watch from DavidSW (that is grossly overpriced)

12. TechFounder Sep 17, 2020

You should NOT engrave. I never understood the need of some people to put their name on everything. You do realize that you will die someday and why would anyone else want your engraving on it? Everything we own in our lives we're just temporary custodians of it.

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 17, 2020

So don't engrave because the person when you die won't like it........ ::facepalm2::

That's worse than the take the bracelet off and keep it mint for the person when I sell it instead of enjoying it yourself. :whistling:

:D:D

14. ConElPueblo Sep 17, 2020

This is satire, right?

Mossback, Longbow, jB1128 and 12 others like this.
  15. Caliber561 Sep 18, 2020

If anything, Rolex is probably one of the best watches to engrave. After all, since Rolex thinks their movements are too good for display casebacks, you might as well use that piece of solid steel for something else.

16. WatchCor Sep 18, 2020

Of many of the things people do with the new 2020 subs (flipping, investing/safe queening, not wearing them, taking wrist shots with a Ferrari in the background) engraving is not as big of annoyance to me. ;):cool:

17. Chef40 Sep 18, 2020

I bought a vintage 1920s Rolex that had happy 21st and the date of their birthday on it. It didn’t put me off at all and I thought it actually added to the character of the watch as in buying a piece of history

Om3ga321, Thrasher36, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  18. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 18, 2020

Got the new 41mm OP. Photos when it arrives.

MrJKLFoams likes this.
  19. Chef40 Sep 18, 2020

I was in holiday in Portugal and went for a meal around Vilamoura marina. My wife took a pic of me making sure you could see my white dialled omega and there was a Lamborghini behind me on the waterside lol

MrJKLFoams likes this.
  20. MrJKLFoams Sep 18, 2020

Congrats cant wait to see. Cheers

blufinz52 likes this.