Forums Latest Members

Did someone get a good deal on a Memovox...

1. philgund Oct 8, 2015

Looks like someone (not me) got a good deal on this JLC Memovox that the seller said it was all original, including the dial. However, it looks like a redial when looking at the "automatic" type. Trying to hone in my novice watch skill and thought i'd ask the hawkeye forum. Am I mistaken?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Jumbo...2VnD6ampbRkYJOmLQSiC4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

upload_2015-10-8_19-52-24.png

Jacquot likes this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 8, 2015

Not the clearest pic, but dial looks correct to me. Not a bad price, but both crowns are replacements.

Mine...

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Edited Oct 8, 2015
  3. philgund Oct 8, 2015

Thank you for the input. I'm always amazed by the nuances in the language of some ebay sellers so i'm still trying to find the courage to pull the trigger on a watch buy on ebay. Thank you for the keen eye. Side note. I notices your date box had a black pin stripe while the other referenced did not. Is that just a change in the design over time? @Darlinboy

Jacquot likes this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 8, 2015

Won by a bidder with 18 feedback, which is kinda low. If you like the price, send the seller a message saying you'll step up if the winner flakes. Then you can coordinate a Buy It Now auction (if the winner was not legitimate). I tried it once, and it worked, so may be worth giving it a shot?

philgund likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 9, 2015

There are some minor variations over the many years of production, but legit either way IMO.

6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 9, 2015

This is what I'm talking (writing) about.
    Serious watch gathering

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. Audley Yung Oct 10, 2015

great steal!