did somebody get a "NOS" Seamaster 1000 Grand?

Hi guys,

was really tempted by this piece sold in Italy at an auction with 4 or 5 other"like "NOS Omega watches. I didn't pull the trigger though. Due to some concerns from a collector who had done way more research on this model. he told me that in the early 2000s these bracelets and cases where available from Omega. So original parts but since this watch wasn't very well made these parts where still available.

Really would love to know your thoughts.

To me this is a really one of the colleges watches ever made by Omega also due to the whole history. It looked to me as a really cool opportunity to by an interesting piece although not in the right condition quite obvious with the rotten dial.

it got sold for 8500 ex fee by the way.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...LOPROF"-1000-REF.-166.093-ANNI-‘70-E354C89840

Description
NOS OMEGA SEAMASTER "PLOPROF" 1000 REF. 166.093, ANNI ‘70 One-piece tonneau stainless steel case, signed, bezel graduated with black insert up to 60 minutes, hooded lugs, flat back with horizontal anti-slip groove pattern, screwed crown. Omega stainless steel "shark" type bracelet, déployante stamped 1247/224. Black dial, signed, luminescent and painted bâton indexes, minutes/seconds divisions, date indication, luminous white bâton hour and centered seconds hands, luminous orange sword minute hand. Self-winding movement, copper-plated caliber 1002, signed, 17 jewels, lever escapement, monometallic balance, flat hairspring, shock-absorber, screw micrometer regulator. Diameter Ø: 43,5 mm Note: working, but a servicing is suggested. TAGS: watch - orologio

My mina concern where the hands.

On the seamster1000.com website you see a similar dial with more patina hands.

I contacted the auction house beforehand who sounded really cooperative and quite honest:

Dear Sir Miss,
would like to see additional pictures. you state it is new old stock. The dial is really gone, looks like humidity. But strange for a NOS watch in my honest opinion. So what happened here?
best, Wouter van Wijk wristicons

Dear Enrico, Spoken with a collectors friend who consigned like 25 omega watches with me with me. Actually his favorite reference is this particular watch.

He has serious doubts about this watch. NOS cases and bracelets have been available since the early 2000s. His main concern is the dial rot without the hands being affected by the humidity. If you check the https://www.omegaseamaster1000.com site you see an example with even patina on the dial and hands.

Would love to know your thoughts.

Best,

Wouter

Enrico from Aste Bolaffi told me this:

Dear Mr. Van Wijk,
I browsed that website while I was cataloguing it.
Originally I got the watch with a batch of other brand new (and unsold) Omega and Tissot.
The luminescence of hands, dial and bezel under UV lights has the same colouring (if I try a shot with a phone cannot get the same result, just to show you).
I may suppose that because the hands are suspended and don't touch the dial, the staining of humidity deposited on the surface of the dial hasn't affected them. But this is a personal idea.

Best regards,
--
Enrico Aurili

Dear Mr. Van Wijk,
I browsed that website while I was cataloguing it.
Originally I got the watch with a batch of other brand new (and unsold) Omega and Tissot.
The luminescence of hands, dial and bezel under UV lights has the same colouring (if I try a shot with a phone cannot get the same result, just to show you).
I may suppose that because the hands are suspended and don't touch the dial, the staining of humidity deposited on the surface of the dial hasn't affected them. But this is a personal idea.

Nice story. Does not check out. ......Hands Not touching the dial....... Cases , bezels, bands were for sale even 10 years ago. Dials were not. Watchco was one of the sellers. Marcus has nothing left now.....