Forums Latest Members

Did Omega Ever Make A Blue Dial Black Bezel Planet Ocean?

1. jcolli30 May 8, 2013

Did Omega ever make a blue dial black bezel Planet Ocean?

Hello all. Newbie to this forum and need some expert advise.

A friend of my sister has one she is selling, it was her husbands who past away a year ago. Being I live 1,000 miles from them I can't see it in person. She sent me a picture and to me it looks like the typical black bezel, black dial. She insists the bezel is black and the dial is what she called "royal blue/cobalt blue color". I asked if it was the light refection making it look blue (AR coating) but she says no. So... I am perplexed and asking, dd Omega ever make a blue dial black bezel Planet Ocean?
    It is model # 2200.5000 (at least that is what she gave me). Any help is appriciated.

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus May 8, 2013

That dial is black - you're seeing the tint of the anti-reflective coating which gives a blue hue.

3. jcolli30 May 8, 2013

That is what I have been trying (and trying, and trying) to tell her but she just insists the dial or what she calls the face is blue. But I thought I would ask just incase Omega did something funky like a black bezel, blue dial, ya never know for sure. Thx.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2013

Its definitely the AR coating as Dennis said, I've heard people call it blue before as well because of the AR tint. A common mistake.