Forums Latest Members
  1. omega564 Mar 7, 2012

I was servicing this watch and couldn't stop looking at this horrible thing used as a replacment marker !

[​IMG]

I was thinking that this is Soooo bad , how much worse could I do . I knew that I would have to use stainless steel and I went to work ;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A rough satin finish and a little black enamel

[​IMG]
    I'll tell you ,I felt much better about the job when I finished

2. Steve Mar 7, 2012

Nice work sir. What was used before, looks like a bit of solder ?

3. Kevin L Mar 7, 2012

almost looks like the head of a very small nail!

4. a1watch Mar 8, 2012

nice job

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 8, 2012

How do you lose a marker in the first place? It falls off, its still under the crystal somewhere, unless the watchmaker himself loses it...

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 8, 2012

7. omega564 Mar 8, 2012

They can fall off when the dial is flexed or mishandled . Even cleaning them with rodico can pull off a loose marker . The problem comes when you don't notice or take the time to find it if it does come loose . Some guys can just close the case after that , I can't . It only took me a hour and a half to make that missing marker and it was the first time . The next one will go a little faster ,but I'd rather take the extra time then send the watch out looking like that .

8. a1watch Mar 8, 2012

When I first stared messing with watches I met the watch parts ghost, this little SOB goes around and steals things out of watches, off work benches. I mean there it is one second and gone the next. You never know when this tiny villian will show up. AND the little bastid will sometimes put things back or he'll stick a part onto another part, I've even seen him put things in my bed. The MFer. Sometimes he waits a couple of days or even weeks before he puts things back..........Be real careful, he visits everyone that messes around with watches........The bastid

9. ulackfocus Mar 8, 2012

He's a distant relative of the sock monster - the fiend who swipes one sock out of your dryer.

10. nsmike Mar 8, 2012

And first cousin to the tool gremlin that moves the wrench you need six inches out of reach when under a car.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 8, 2012

Ha or more like the one that swaps your sockets... go to remove lug bolts... wheel brace is nowhere, toolbox is full of socket extenders and flexible extenders.

Go to remove hex head bolt in hard to reach space, 10 wheel braces, no socket extenders.

12. a1watch Mar 8, 2012

Yea, the whole family of gremlins, you never see it but you know hes there, my kids knew em well though, they actually called him by names...notme, idindoit, donno, wha, hediit and a slew of other names