Forums Latest Members
  1. Baco Noir Jun 21, 2018

Went to the 2nd Red Bar Denver meetup tonight and saw some of the same crowd as the other Denver group but about 1/2 were new people too.

This was my favorite of the night and just pulled ahead of the RG Yachtmaster as my retirement watch.

[​IMG]

Also got to try on my first 15202

[​IMG]

Nick (@bigdubnick) and I talked quite a bit about the differences between the 15202 and 15400. The 15202 is much much lighter. Almost feels like Ti. We were comparing them did by side when we noticed that not only is the case thinner, the bracelet is a lot thinner too. 15202 on top.

[​IMG]

An early Glashütte

[​IMG]

A nice Nodus with a 21,600 bph Seiko movement

[​IMG]

And Art, who’s a watchmaker at Hyde Parke, had some sweet watches with him too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jun 21, 2018
  2. larryganz The cable guy Jun 21, 2018

I had no clue this was going on, but with an hour and a half drive probably would't have made it anyway without a lot of advance notice. Glad you had fun.

The Bluesy would be a nice retirement watch - I came close to selling off a big chunk of my collection to buy a white gold Pepsi GMT last month, but decided I didn't want to stomach the losses from selling 6-7 watches. I ended up selling 2 and getting a Hulk.

3. ulackfocus Jun 21, 2018

Looks like a fun night Roger. Did you bring any wine and combine the hobbies?

The 15202 is the lone RO that I really like. One of the Tampa group used to own one, and it felt perfect on my wrist. It helped that it was 36mm, right in my wheelhouse.

4. Baco Noir Jun 22, 2018

No wine - we don’t have corkage fee options here and it was held at Del Friscos.

5. Baco Noir Jun 22, 2018

If you are on IG, search #redbardenver for details on how to sign up for notifications.

larryganz likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 22, 2018

I'm signed up for Chicago Red Bar ... unfortunately could not make the Wed night event due to work commitment. Looking forward to the next one.

Baco Noir likes this.
  7. bigdubnick Jun 22, 2018

@Baco Noir - Was great to meet you in person last night! The pic of the two AP bracelets next to each other is perfect...thanks for capturing it. Was a great night and hope to see you at the next one.

Baco Noir likes this.
  8. Baco Noir Jun 22, 2018

Great meeting you too Nick. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get you added to the other Denver GTG list. We meet every other month. Attendance varies from 10-35 people. Pretty chill group - no folks with total baller collections like the guy with a case full of PM Rolex watches.

bigdubnick likes this.