Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 29, 2018

This is just a quick heads up as a courtesy to our members and some added transparency:

Dennis will no longer be posting here due to repeated issues with childish and disrespectful behavior. Any efforts by the OF team to maintain a dialog with him and avoid conflict or problems (over several years) have not been successful. We run this forum for fun and it grows stressful and tiresome seeing someone shitting all over your hard work.

Regardless of the situation surrounding his departure, we still wish him all the the best.

2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 29, 2018

Can you place a avatar in the WRUW thread, as well as some of the other active threads?

Syrte and Riviera Paradise like this.
  3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 29, 2018

I'm sure this was a difficult decision to make. His sarcasm and sharp pointed wit is at times truly amusing, in a Don Rickles kind of way.

4. michael22 Jul 29, 2018

I suppose this thread is a bit like a wake.
    Sorry to see Dennis go, & I wish him well.
    The life of the party has a fine line between fun & tiresome.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 29, 2018

I can see why if he wasn’t willing to scale back. Tough call.

8FD827CD-8412-4A41-A97F-ABCBF183BA41.jpeg

6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 29, 2018

Agreed.

Syrte likes this.
  7. airansun In the shuffling madness Jul 29, 2018

Sometimes, he was the only one willing to call a bad thing out.

I appreciated that.

And thanks @Trev for the transparency. I’ve said elsewhere how remarkable OF is. Thank you!

8. Canuck Jul 29, 2018

As annoyed as I was on occasion with his sarcasm, there were times it was fun to decide how to respond to his sarcasm. He was a hard guy to match wits with, but it was immensely satisfying when you had the feeling that you finally bested him.:cautious: Sorry it finally came to this, in a way.

9. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jul 29, 2018

Well shit...I was kind of hoping he’d stay around but I can’t say I didn’t see this coming after the last few days. I’ve been a member here for a bit over two years and for someone like me that is into watches but simply doesn’t have anything close to the in-depth knowledge of many on here this can be an intimidating board. Having someone around that kept things light made it easier to engage for a newbie without feeling like every comment was somehow not worthy of posting (as dumb as it sounds) was very helpful to me. Not to mention I’m somewhat of a jackass myself so I can appreciate one of my kind. If you read this Dennis you were a large part of me staying around to “settle in”. Thanks for that and I hope you find what you’re looking for...maybe try Instagram? (Sorry that was the jackass in me).

10. Dan S Jul 29, 2018

Very sorry to hear this, because I really enjoyed interacting with Dennis in my short time on OF. But I saw what happened, and my interpretation was that he was basically daring the mods to ban him. He is passionate about OF, and watches, and I hope that everything is ok with him. Perhaps after a hiatus, there can be a reconciliation.

11. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jul 29, 2018

I think he was looking to get banned. Sooner or later it was going to slip that he was a closet Speedmaster lover.

12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 29, 2018

I was wondering when this would happen. Its sad but I understand the mods decision. I really don't understand why you chose to set the house on fire Dennis! I've really enjoyed your wit and humor. You will be missed.

13. Mtek Jul 29, 2018

Trev, Thank you for being transparent to what happened.

14. sdre Jul 29, 2018

I thought his sharp humor completely eludes me. (I'm Asian, and while English is my first language, some jokes really do fly over me)

I've pm-ed him once before regarding some things and he was polite and eloquent when it's one to one.

Also, I found it strange that he was the one who "called" out on my feet in my pictures, which while I found it amusing, but when I mentioned it in my posts, he found it annoying and not to tag him in the pictures (when it was him who mentioned it in the first place)

Strange fellow, but all the best to him nonetheless.

15. jetkins Jul 29, 2018

Gee, I step away for a few days, and miss all the fun. I'll miss the old squirrel's acerbic sarcasm, but I fully understand the need to apply Occam's razor every now and then.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  16. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 29, 2018

Thank you @Trev and to all the mods for the transparency and commitment to maintaining this forum. Not an easy decision to make, but certainly understood. Wishing the squirrel the best as he harvests his nuts for the long winter ahead.

chanbar, Uniqez, Nathan1967 and 3 others like this.
  17. larryganz The cable guy Jul 29, 2018

Same here - I go out of town for the weekend to move the kid back to college and come back to find a new paradigm in place.

BatDad, blubarb and Riviera Paradise like this.
  18. SteveZ28 Jul 29, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed having him around. A sense of humor like that is very easy to connect too. But I understand the need to take action as he may have crossed the line a time or two.

The little rodent will be missed and I wish him all the best.

Riviera Paradise and BlackTalon like this.
  19. EatMan Jul 29, 2018

I think it was actually the opposite, his condescending and acerbic comments at the expense of other innocent members made many new (and old) members hesitate from making honest and earnest comments and questions. He could dish out jokes and insults but he could not take jokes when the jokes were on him. He made himself the hall monitor when no one asked him to and power tripped.

I know many active members here saw the good side in him but there are many silent and reserved members that were turned away by his bullying and belligerent comments.

Edited Jul 29, 2018
    acmlb237, Steve88M3, Matty01 and 20 others like this.
  20. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 29, 2018

This sums it up for me, as well.

He has probably forgotten more then I will ever know about Connies. And while dress watches do not interest me much, I like learning about them nonetheless.

Dennis, if you come back in with a new User Name you might want to avoid using any variation of "Patrick" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.