Decisions….

Looking for some others’ thoughts on this. So I am rebuilding my watch collection. At the moment, I got a Planet Ocean 75th Anniversary, Speedy 321, and Rolex 16570 Polar Explorer 2. So I’ve got the core diver, chrono, gmt. My OB said I will get a Snoopy before end of the year. Problem is, picking up the Snoopy will put a little stress on finances due to holidays yadayada. Now I could sell my Rolex to help fund the Snoopy or just pass on the Snoopy. From what I’ve seen, I do like the Snoopy and I’d imagine it will be discontinued soon. If I sold my 16570, I can always add a red/blue or black/blue gmt later. So what do you guys think, skip the Snoopy and catch maybe the next iteration of it and keep my core? Or make the Snoopy work and just add a gmt later as I doubt Rolex will discontinue their cash cows? Thanks.

Like 1
Interesting conundrum. I'd sell the Rolex and make it an all Omega line up for now. Snoopy will not be around forever. It's effectively a limited edition piece and hard to get. Can always pick up a GMT later. Just my 2 cents.

Like 1
I can't see putting myself into financial stress for a cartoon character watch, so I'd suggest this one.

81hiL2BX-rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Like 10
I can't see putting myself into financial stress for a cartoon character watch, so I'd suggest this one.

81hiL2BX-rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
lol. I had a Mickey Mouse watch like that as a kid. Was my first watch…..then I stepped up to a Casio.

lol. I had a Mickey Mouse watch like that as a kid. Was my first watch…..then I stepped up to a Casio.
Mickey Mouse watches are too expensive, even pre-owned.

Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 5.10.44 PM.png

Like 4
Depends on how much you really like the Snoopy and want it in your collection. Buying it at retail price means you aren't going to lose money on it long term, it has some built in premium that isn't likely to go away. Even if it's a bit of stretch at this time it might well be worth stretching yourself to secure it at the end of the year. I'd think twice about passing it up. Think creatively when it comes to the financing, a little short term pain might be beneficial long term (in collecting satisfaction now, and financially long term).
Edited:

If snoopy is on the table, I’d get it. Move the common pieces out. Give that dog a home. It’s a fun piece AND it adds value to your collection.

Get the Snoopy and use a little time to see how you like it versus the other pieces. Won't be a problem moving on either the Snoopy or the GMT

How did you feel about the Snoopy design when it was introduced in October 2020? Did it match your expectations or was it a disappointment? We all know what happened to snoopy2 on the secondary market. A lot of collectors look or have looked at that with envy. The common consensus was: I've missed out on s2, that won't happen to me again. Let's get on the list, Omega told us we can all have one! Note this was in the years of the big spike in Rolex watches, 2020 and 2021. s2 was doing 45/50k EUR, s3 was artificially short in supply and went up to 30/33k in the advertisements. Everybody wanted the snoopy for the money. Now it's almost back at list price; 12k in the OB, around 15/16k on the grey. The question would be: do you want this watch out of FOMO and missing a great "investement piece" or do you really really like the design and would be happy to wear it for the next 5 tot 10 years at minimum. Or do you just want to wear it for a while, and then make a profit, is that what it's about?
For me the hype has died down significantly, and that makes the hobby a lot more interesting. Happily wearing the 321 as a daily beater, no interest in the Snoopy, I'm good.

Like 2