Deciding between AT colors

My father in law has the first one, with the blue seconds hand. I haven't compared them in the flesh but from the pictures I would say the first one is a lighter blue and more sporty / playful. The latter is more classic / refined.

The FIL is very happy with his and says the strap (same as pictured) is very comfortable.

Like 1
Such distinctions just come down to feeling, I suppose. I’m more drawn to the deep blue dial with the light blue Seamaster text. The other is also fantastic, but I’m less captivated by it. I can’t explain why. You can’t make a mistake here.

FWIW, if you can swing it, I’d suggest getting the watch (either one) on bracelet and adding the strap. Unless you really dislike bracelets? The AT bracelet is the best I’ve ever had—elegant but sporty, with an unobtrusive concealed clasp. The only flaw is the lack of a microadjust, but once you get it sized right, that shouldn’t be an issue.

Like 1
Just get one of each colour…….then you will have one to match any shirt you may wear

Like 2
My brother chose the one with the contrasting seconds hand

IMG_20230810_210129_HDR~2.jpg

Like 1
My brother chose the one with the contrasting seconds hand

IMG_20230810_210129_HDR~2.jpg
Is he happy with the decision? How does he like it?

Is he happy with the decision? How does he like it?
Yes he is very happy, got it 3 years ago on the rubber strap and just a few weeks ago bought 5+ straps from Vietnam to change it up.

Like 1
Between the two, I prefer the dark blue.
But buy the one that attracts your eyes the most.

I'd choose darker blue because darker blue can be a chameleon. It can look black depending on the light and then other times the blue will just pop. You get the best of both worlds. Can't exactly get that similar effect with the lighter blue.

Like 2
I think the darker one would look better with your full wardrobe. I feel like light blue would clash with green or brown.\

I have the teak dial, but I want one of the newer models with a white or taupe dial. I second the idea of getting the bracelet. They are rather expensive to come by if you change your mind. You can always buy straps later.

IMHO a darker dial is always best for a sports watch with a white or silver dial for a dress piece.

The darker one.
IMG_3917.jpg IMG_4188.jpg
The dial is that versatile changing from bright blue up to close to black :)

220.12.41.21.03.002 (lighter blue) feels a bit more dressy (less sporty) and I think it looks nicer.

I think you should listen to your gut, because it's probably already telling you which one you prefer.

But to keep it simple: if you want a sporty watch, go for the darker one.

Everyone has been super helpful, all the advice is much appreciated! Also.. not helpful since they've been mixed and I just can't decide :). I have been leaning the lighter blue. I do have a speedmaster with the black dial, so the fact that the dark blue can seem black at times actually leads me to lean towards the lighter blue... Going to go in and see them and try them on one more time and then make the decision
Edited:

Like 3
I would choose the dark blue.
In my opinion you will never get bored even after years.

I'm trying to decide between the lighter blue https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...axial-master-chronometer-41-mm-22012412103002 (220.12.41.21.03.002) and the darker blue https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...axial-master-chronometer-41-mm-22012412103001 (220.12.41.21.03.001). I know they are pretty similar, but what does everyone think about these two? What factors should I consider?
I personally like the grey and lighter blue watch more just because the colors seem to pop more than just the blue on blue