Forums Latest Members
  1. PaulHelmuth Jan 3, 2020

All,

[I tried posting this in the Photography sub-forum; but that doesn't seem to be the right crowd - at least not thus far]
    [Since I know some of you work with microscopes and capture images - I thought I'd cross-post here]

I have decent stereo microscope that I purchased for working on watches. Nice wide field and 8" working distance. Mag is 3.5-45x. Nice bright LED ring lighting. Very happy with the scope (it's from AmScope [SM-1BSX-64S]).

Recently I purchased a 5 mega-pixel USB eyepiece camera to stream live video to a computer screen - and to capture still images (for macro photography of watch work). I also purchased that from the AmScope. It came with software - and it is terrible. Barely usable.

[some of you have see the pics :eek: - so you know what I am talking about :D]

Are there any good "eyepiece camera" products that come with software and do a decent job with live video and capturing still-frame?

And when I say decent job with live video - I mean something that I could work from the PC monitor rather than looking through the microscope eyepieces - and get decent still images.

Many thanks,
    -Paul

2. Mac5 Jan 3, 2020

PaulHelmuth likes this.