Forums Latest Members

Deal on OMEGA SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA GMT GOOD PLANET-- thoughts from owners

1. amiriqbal Sep 29, 2019

Hi all,

My local AD is having a clear out and offering the aqua terra GMT good planet on titanium bracelet for 40% discount (£7,200-->£4,320). Its ex display, so some minor marks.

Haven't seen much chat on the forum regarding this model. I've always liked the ATs and I'm thinking of taking this for a spin, especially as the price seems good.

Any owners on the forum, present or past, who have thoughts on this model?

Note its titanum, so I'm sure it wears very light but scratches easily? Thoughts appreciated :)

Edited Sep 29, 2019
  2. amiriqbal Sep 29, 2019

3. Bille Sep 29, 2019

It´s simply a beautiful watch - at a great price. I love that white, simple dial. But have no idea about the popularity amongs Omega-owners.

amiriqbal likes this.
  4. amiriqbal Sep 29, 2019

Yes, the white dial with blue accents really pops. Only downside is the size at 43mm. Biggest I have at the moment is a 42mm explorer 216570, which wears pretty big.

I'm going to pop in and try it on this week. Though afraid if I do it maybe game over!!

5. dinexus Sep 29, 2019

You're paying a huge premium for both titanium and the conservation cause (worth it, I'd argue), but it is a big watch. It's my favorite Omega I've ever owned and a true Explorer II killer, but I could never reconcile the size, as it wears wider, taller and longer than the Exp. That's also a decent discount, but you could probably do better with a private pre-owned sale – they just don't come up very often.

[​IMG]

Jcbenr and Alex_TA like this.
  6. amiriqbal Sep 29, 2019

Thanks for your observations. I already have the polar explorer II and it wears at the upper limit of how big I'd want to go, so I've been very interested to hear your reflections.

7. fskywalker Sep 29, 2019

Nice but really big; there is another AT good planet in titanium which is 38.5mm, may be a better fit for you (if your AD has it)