Forums Latest Members

New guy post - No love for the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT?

1. AustinRob Aug 2, 2018

Hello all, new guy here making his first post. Hoping you all would indulge a few questions.

I'm *this* close to buying my 1st Omega, and I've all but landed on the Aqua Terra GMT with the black dial/steel bracelet (ref 231.10.43.22.01.001), but I wanted to do some reading on it first and have found relatively little online about it.

From what I can tell, this model has been in production for several years (~2013). Does that mean it is due for an update?

Also, is the cal 8605 movement well regarded?

Seems STEELE is the only regular poster who has owned one and he's trying to sell his (Steele, if you read this: why are you selling yours?). This watch ticks a lot of boxes for me but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of coverage in reviews and forums for this model. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Sticky214 likes this.
  2. many Aug 2, 2018

The 8605 is based of the 8500 which is a very solid co-axial movement, with good anti-magnetic resistance, two mainspring barrels with a healthy 60 hour power reserve.

I love GMTs but for the cost of the AT GMT you are within 500 USD of a GMT II which to me is a much more iconic GMT.