Forums Latest Members
  1. B.Frost May 15, 2017

2. gop76 May 15, 2017

Looks good to me

B.Frost likes this.
  3. LaurentBxl May 15, 2017

It looks like a redial to me, I see 3 different kind of 7 and the second and minute subdials do not look right to me.

B.Frost likes this.
  4. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason May 15, 2017

Appears to be a redial with some of the correct cliches. The different 7's are ok, but the execution is not. Uneven inking overall and the tachy and seconds scales look incorrect

B.Frost likes this.
  5. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason May 15, 2017

Hmmm I'm actually waffling on this one. Could be original dial. need sleep. I'll take another look later

B.Frost likes this.
  6. gop76 May 15, 2017

Maybe @jordn is right about the tachy but if this is a redial is a damn good one

B.Frost likes this.
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 15, 2017

Does this help?
    IMG_8188 (2).JPG

rolokr, ELV web and B.Frost like this.
  8. Dre May 15, 2017

Saw that watch when it first came out in the 'bay, dial looks ok to me but the marker dots bothers me quite a bit. The colour looks a bit odd, and I can't get a good close-up photos from the seller for that. The replaced crown to a non-period UG crown made me think of the possible restoration works that has been done to the watch, so I pass.

B.Frost likes this.
  9. rolokr May 15, 2017

I dont like the dark nipple style hour markers. Looks inconsistant to me.

B.Frost likes this.
  10. Diabolik May 16, 2017

I have seen images at sellers website and It is an interesting dato. It is also a very early one. UG dials of that time commonly had minor flaws. This one is consistent with that. Nothing about the dial worries me and it is within gn acceptable in terms of quality and era. I would have expected it with lumed dagger hands and it may have originally been like that but nothing stands out and I don't agree with the redial hypothesis. I think it is kosher ...

I am still rummaging through archives and have some doubts on the second one that Lous shows.

B.Frost likes this.
  11. Mlafra May 16, 2017

the OP one is original dial, no doubt for me. As Diabolik said it is very early Dato Compax. IMHO also the hands are correct.
    Crown later replacement for sure, as it shouldn't be logoed. It is an extremely rare watch, only reason it is priced so low and still did not sell is a) the diameter is very very small (32/33mm is I remember correct) and b) the conditions are OK but not spectacular

B.Frost likes this.