Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 8, 2015

Read somewhere (but cannot find it again) that mushroom/bowler style crowns, on very early 2627 Seamasters, also came without Omega logo. Can anyone confirm this?
    Regards

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 8, 2015

I had one of those and the advertisements of the day showed them without logo... so I had put on a crown without logo. But I was never 100% sure that was the right thing to do.

Tom

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 9, 2015

Does anyone else have info?

edit: such a boring bump made me feel bad. Maybe it helps throwing in a pic... ;)

Left it at my watchmaker together with the Flightmaster and the SAS Polarouter.
    He had NOS hands for it (he is just wonderful).

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 9, 2015
  4. marturx Apr 9, 2015

Saw that one too, but passed on it due to the corroded hands. Will look great with new hands! Congrats!

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 9, 2015

I went to se it "live" and decided to have a go. One of those watches I like to find. Dirty but sound under the "camouflage". Me and the watchmaker are quite sure it is untouched. Which makes the condition of the hands even more strange - the rest of the watch is in wonderful condition. Extremely dirty on the outside and with green paint spots all over. But with a sharp case, dial nice, movement pristine - corrosion free state and with all screws in perfect shape. And then the hands...?

The question about the crown - my watchmaker wants to put a "clover" crown on it but I have a notion of the one mounted being the original. I could live with a "clover" but I would rather have the other one if it is original.

Edited Apr 9, 2015
  6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 9, 2015

A bowler hat with logo.

2015-04-08_01-41-21.jpg 2015-04-08_01-41-30.jpg

boat2dan, Lessismore, pitpro and 3 others like this.
  7. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2015

Yep, the bowler hat crowns did come with Ω logos. Omega used them the first year or so on those date-at-6 2627 and 2757 cases. No shame in putting a clover style crown though as they were what Omega used as the replacement.

8. marturx Apr 10, 2015

So the question is whether or not this crown is original to this Watch

Seamaster bumper krona.jpg

It´s very similar to the one shown by hoipolloi, so I would keep it. Suits the watch nicely IMO

And BTW, I did buy the Zenith with bracelet and box at the same auction. ;) Fantastic condition, almost as NOS after the clean-up. I don´t know if you had a look at it too, when looking at the bumper.

9. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 10, 2015

Thanks for the picture. Yes, the Zenith was really nice and/but I had to restrain myself... ;):)
    We should get together sometime and compare notes... Maybe a Swedish Omega Forums GTG? Maybe we could get Northernman to come along across Kölen - he is competing for the same watches most of the time. :)
    @Northernman

Edited Apr 10, 2015
    Northernman likes this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 10, 2015

Oh no!

:eek:

The Scandewegian Brotherhood forming a cartel and cornering the market in vintage pieces.

I'm complaining to the EU, or NATO, or Lisbeth Salander, somebody has to prevent this unholy alliance!

:p

11. marturx Apr 10, 2015

It´s a brilliant idea! :thumbsup: I´m all in. We can invite @Pahawi in Dk too

Northernman likes this.
  12. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 10, 2015

Moohahahahaaa!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Pahawi Apr 10, 2015

Could be fun, but not sure it would be smart of me, as seeing any of you guys stunning watches in person, would just make me realize even more how shitty mine is…….. ::shy::

14. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 10, 2015

What Zenith are you guys talking about?
    This?
    2015-04-10_04-41-40.jpg

15. marturx Apr 11, 2015

Not even close :D

16. OmegaRookie Apr 11, 2015

Love the Lisbeth jab...

17. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 26, 2015

Some quality time this sunday.

Cleaned the case, caseback and bezel. As you can see in the picture Marturx showed above it was really dirty and had a lot of small green paint dots all over.

Cleaned up all right. No real polishing done - except a little gentle waxing. This case, considering its age, is in a really nice condition. The small bevels on the lugs are still there and the bezel is straight and has a flat surface and crisp edges. Despite its dirt and paint it has no dings at all. No service marks inside the caseback.

Now the case goes to the watchmaker so he can "fill it up".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lando, pitpro, marturx and 3 others like this.
  18. ConElPueblo Apr 26, 2015

I propose a GTG in Denmark. Then our Norwegian and Swedish brothers could - as tradition is - take advantage of our cheaper alcohol and the Danes wouldn't have to get tempted by the girls in our neighbouring countries :D

Pahawi and Northernman like this.
  19. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 26, 2015

And do not forget the smörrebröd and the Aalborg! Two of the best things from our Danish brothers! These are cheaper copies made by me though... Let us get the real thing.

[​IMG]

DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  20. ConElPueblo Apr 26, 2015

I used to live on the northern side of the Limfjord, with a view to this:

[​IMG]

Looked great at night, when they were lighted up :)

I'll be more than happy to lay down a serious table of smørrebrød, should anyone pass by - hell, you can even crash on the couch after exploring Jomfru Ane Gade :D

Pahawi, styggpyggeno1 and Northernman like this.