Date and Day

Have always wanted an Omega with both the date as well as the day listed (older model Aqua Terra used to have it) but noticed that the day (at 12:00) has been removed with only the date (at 6:00) remaining. I'm thinking that maybe Omega found it difficult to sync the two, especially during months with less than 31 days. Any thoughts or reasons why this is so?

Omega is astute enough that, had there been a market for that model, they’d still be producing it. Problems syncing the day and date at the end of a short month? The date would have been simple to change.

Like 1
I suspect it’s just not a popular/easy-to-sell complication; otherwise they’d do more of it. Omega excels at and specializes in sports/tool watches (as does Rolex). The calendar complications lend themselves more to dress watches. I say this as an owner of a month/date annual calendar Aqua Terra: it’s very useful to have when you need it, but it can be a huge pain to set, so unless you wear it daily or keep it on a winder, it can be inconvenient. A simple time-only or time and date watch is far superior for most users.

I wish the standard Seamaster didn’t have a date—and it seems like Omega agrees, based on what they’re teasing presently.

Like 1