Dark sky reserve - Midhurst + watchmaker and great vintage watch store

This weekend, my wife and I travelled to Midhurst, UK on the edge of the South Downs dark sky reserve for our anniversary. There are 21 reserves in the world for star gazing and the UK has 7 that are worth visiting. Then again many places in the world are just great for stars and don’t need reserve status! However it is an area of outstanding natural beauty.

While in Midhurst I came across a beautiful store full of (predominately vintage) Omega, Rolex, Longines, Cartier, JLC, IWC and many more. They are also watchmakers. The watches seemed superb quality and I went in and chatted to the owner who was very friendly and full of knowledge and passion and just happy to talk about watches and their history.

Definitely have an eye on a few vintage Seamaster pieces for my wife! The 1947 Seamaster in the window seems to have a great dial and case condition.

The store is Littlecogs / JE Allnut & Son and the website is littlecogs.com if you ever visit the area/ want to check the website!

This is a few of the Omegas in the front window and other brands are to the right, left and below however inside there is a trove. Highly recommend if you are visiting although might be dangerous for your wallets!
Edited:

Like 3