Forums Latest Members

FSOT Cyma Watersport w/ rose gold arrowhead crosshair dial

1. TropicConnie Jul 30, 2020

Hi folks,
    I'm offering my Cyma Watersport for sale. The reference number for this model, between the lugs and repeated inside the case back, is 212246.

Date: Early 1950s, in my opinion, although the gent I purchased from thought it could be from the 1940s. The movement was introduced in 1943 and discontinued at the end of 1953.
    Case: Stainless steel measuring 34 mm without the crown and 11.5 mm from caseback to the top of the crystal. The signed, hidden crown is unusual for the period; Omega and the like didn't catch on for another decade after this. I'm told that the idea behind it was to advertize how these early automatic watches didn't require regular winding or resetting because of the accuracy of the automatic movement, and to discourage unnecessary fiddling. All bevels and edges are sharp and there is still visible brushing between the lugs, leading me to believe this watch has been well cared for and not often polished, if ever.
    Movement: in-house Cyma calibre 420 bumper automatic. It was serviced last year and is running strongly, my timer shows it's at around -10 seconds per day in the dial up position. On the wrist I think it's about ±10 per day for me. I haven't thoroughly tested the power reserve but I'd estimate it's around 35-40 hours. The bumper springs are still there (many of these are lost or removed over the years, from what I've seen), and on the wrist there is a satisfying thud to remind you the watch is winding.
    Dial: The dial is reminiscent of some of the earliest Omega Constellations; I'm inclined to believe they came from the same maker. Applied arrowhead markers in rose gold, matching hands and a deep blue-black second hand. I can categorically state that the dial paint and text is all original. The white paint has faded to an attractive tan colour. The cross hairs and minute markers are sharp. There's a small bubble in the paint next to the 4 o'clock marker but it's proven rather difficult to photograph. If requested I'm happy to try under magnification or in different lighting.

Price: US$450 via PayPal; buyer pays fees and shipping costs for the method of your choice to anywhere in the world, at my discretion. I may be interested in trades for well-known brands, no harm in shooting me a message.

No returns unless grossly misrepresented.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Aug 16, 2020
    Shabbaz, Sidnos, knafel1983 and 5 others like this.
  2. TropicConnie Aug 4, 2020

Mid-week bump.

3. TropicConnie Aug 8, 2020

Another bump, I've amended the title and description as I had mistakenly advertized this as a Navystar model.

4. TropicConnie Aug 15, 2020

Perhaps my price was too ambitious. Needing this piece moved so I'm now considering reasonable offers.

5. TropicConnie Nov 9, 2020

Withdrawn. Thanks everyone for your inquiries.