Forums Latest Members

SOLD Cyma Gilt Dial Time Only

1. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 29, 2017

SOLD. Thank you to Omega Forums and the buyer.

Hey guys,

So I bought this watch because I loved the syringe hands and lugs. However it's not getting a lot of wrist time and to be completely honest I'm just not bonding with it. I figured I should let it go to a better home to someone who will appreciate it.

It was an impulse buy on my part and I don't know too much about it or Cyma in general, so if anyone wants to chime in with info feel to PM me or comment.

Case: 35mm stainless steel case, has been worn well but looks to be unpolished and retains all bevels and edges. It does seem to wear more like 36-37mm.

Lugs: Beefy 18mm lugs that give this watch a great wrist presence. A few minor dings that are barely visible to the naked eye.

Dial & Hands: Gilt numerals and matching syringe hands. Silvery/creamy color that also has an nice even patina throughout. A gentle cleaning could make this dial shine. Unfortunately there are a few marks on the dial that are only noticeable in some light. On the wrist it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for them. The most noticeable mark is at 9 o'clock. There is another smaller mark at 4 o'clock and an even smaller mark just above the center of the dial.

Movement: 17 jewel manual wind. It is a very nice looking movement with Genenve stripes and the CYMA (3rd? 4th?) wheel. This watch has not been serviced in my possession however it runs like a champ and keeps accurate time. I have not timed it but I can do a simple timing compared to my cell phone upon request. As with all vintage watches a service is recommended for daily use.

Crystal: Possibly original I am unsure. A quick round of polywatch should clean it up nicely.

Crown: I do not believe it to be original, it does look a little out of place and I believe the stem is about 1mm too long because it does not sit flush to the case. New crowns can be found on eBay for the cost of lunch.

Strap: I will include the strap in the photos. It is a simple Speidel leather strap. I can also include a simple black leather strap as well. IMG_1753.JPG IMG_1754.JPG IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1759.JPG IMG_1750.JPG IMG_1751.JPG IMG_1752.JPG IMG_1755.JPG IMG_1748.JPG IMG_1749.JPG IMG_1756.JPG

Shipping & Payment: I am asking $200 USD via PayPal (Friends & Family or add 3% for PP fees), shipping included CONUS, Internationally at cost. All offers will be considered. No returns on this one, trying to make room in the overflowing watch box so I can figure out ways to refill it.

Please take a close look at the photos. I have taken them all this morning in the light of the sunrise. The photos emphasize the flaws significantly.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please just message me!

-Jake

IMG_1760.JPG IMG_1761.JPG
    Edited Apr 4, 2017
  2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 29, 2017

And here are a couple other photos NOT taken today.

IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0882.JPG
    ahartfie, Kreindog24 and blacktiger like this.
  3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 30, 2017

Bump

Kreindog24 likes this.
  4. chows99 Mar 31, 2017

Hi,

Did you include the price u are looking for?

5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 31, 2017

Yes I did. It is listed under "Shipping & Payment".

However as of today the price has dropped.

Now asking $200USD shipping included CONUS, internationally at cost, plus PP fees (or PP friends & Family)

Dre and Kreindog24 like this.
  6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Apr 2, 2017

Sunday funday bump

Kreindog24 likes this.
  7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Apr 4, 2017

Bump and price drop to $150 USD. Shipping internationally now included, and I will be covering PP fees as well.

Kreindog24 likes this.