Forums Latest Members
  1. duc Feb 18, 2018

Hi team,

Does anyone have any insight into the customer service practices of CWC/Silverman's?

I sent an automatic (RN Mk I) with a 2824-2 movement back for warranty service in mid December. One month later I inquired as to the status and was told my watch seemed fine when they received it (high resistance to manual winding was the concern), but nevertheless it was with the service center for assessment. Now it is one more month later and I haven't heard back.

I don't want to continue to plague them if this is the normal attention warranty work receives. It just seems excessive to me (even when I factor in my natural tendency to be impatient). As a frame of reference. I sent a damaged (dropped) Tag Heuer Chronograph in for complete factory servicing on Jan 17. It is now back, fully restored, in my hands.

Sage advice sought. ::confused2::

2. 77deluxe Feb 18, 2018

I once tried to get a replacement crystal from them. Five emails, not a single response. Thankfully it was an easy standard replacement part. They sure do respond quick when you’re wanting to make a watch purchase.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2018

Not sure you can compare a small place like CWC to a large multi-national conglomerate that is behind TAG. With smaller companies that don't have an extensive service network in place, you have to be a little more patient.

Cheers, Al

4. duc Feb 18, 2018

Same thing happened to me going in. Once I went to them via Facebook (wife's account of course), they responded immediately. They also responded immediately when my watch showed up at their location.

Thanks Al. Perspective is all I am looking for.

5. duc Apr 8, 2018

Final word:

I reached out to CWC a month after posting this thread. They responded my watch was "fine" and they would be returning it. They said there were no problems identified. I ordered one of the Falkland Islands straps and waited.

I just returned from a trip today and the watch was here. My elation was exceeded when I examined the watch and wound it. Although they said no repair was needed, the clearly did something, since it winds very smoothly/easily now. To boot, they did not charge me for the return shipping, which they should have.

This reminds me of the Rolls Royce owner who called to see about a service for his new Rolls. After the tech fixed the problem he waited for a bill. When it never came he called to inquire about his bill. After listening to an owner who said a tech arrived fix his broken Rolls, the receptionist promptly cut him off and said: "You must be mistaken. Rolls Royce automobiles DO NOT break down."

Anyway, I am clearly a happy owner of a classic CWC - RN - MK I. Photos later.

Tet likes this.
  6. 77deluxe Apr 8, 2018

Good news. Looks like they are now on top of it.

7. duc Apr 9, 2018

As promised, a photo of the beast: I do like this watch:

CWC5.jpg

8. 77deluxe Apr 9, 2018

Nice. What strap is that?

9. flw history nerd Apr 9, 2018

Cool watch! Thanks for posting a pic ... I think I have to start hunting for one :thumbsup:

10. duc Apr 9, 2018